Author Topic: Se puede cambiar de cpi a ppi?  (Read 3713 times)

YonelPC

Se puede cambiar de cpi a ppi?
« on: March 07, 2021, 01:05:52 AM »
Quisiera saber si hay alguna manera de cambiar de formato cpi a ppi
ya que compre un pack de expansion
pero me lo vendieron en cpi y el punto es que vendi ese teclado y me compre otro del mismo modelo, pero no puedo instalar el pack

Offline overover

Re: Se puede cambiar de cpi a ppi?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 01:56:06 AM »
Hi YonelPC,

welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

But, as this is an English speaking forum, please post in ENGLISH language only here.

You can use an online translation tool like Google Translate (https://translate.google.com).Then copy the English text into your forum post.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 01:57:17 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 02:53:20 AM »
pero me lo vendieron en cpi y el punto es que vendi ese teclado y me compre otro del mismo modelo, pero no puedo instalar el pack

Google translated into English:
I would like to know if there is any way to change from cpi to ppi format since I bought an expansion pack but they sold it to me in cpi and the point is that I sold that keyboard and bought another of the same model, but I can't install the pack.

Hi YonelPC,

unfortunately there is no way to "convert" a protected .cpf Pack file into the unprotected .ppf format.

For the sake of completeness: A .cpi file cannot be "converted" to .ppi either. In the present case, this would not help either, because this file type (Pack Install File) can only be installed on the keyboard model (e.g. Genos) for which it was originally created.

The only way for you is to ask the manufacturer of this protected Pack to give you a new .cpf Pack file based on the Instrument Info file (.n27) of your current keyboard.

P.S.
You should actually have received the Pack (also) in .cpf format, because a .cpi (or .ppi) file can only be installed directly on the respective keyboard, but it CANNOT be imported into the YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager) to use it to combine with other Packs.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:01:56 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 10:43:34 AM »

Este es un foro EN INGLÉS. Deberías de ser más observador y mostrar respeto por las reglas y costumbres de los foros que visitas.
Si no sabes inglés esfuérzate un poquito y usa Google traductor https://translate.google.com/
traduce al inglés ahí lo copias y y lo pones aquí, las respuestas en inglés que te den las puedes
traducir ahí también. Es fácil y rápido, pero eres tu quien debe hacer ese trabajo para hacerte entender, no los miembros del foro.
Respecto a tu pregunta, te aclaro que no hay manera de cambiar de formato.
El formato CPI fue diseñado precisamente para evitar la piratería.
La próxima respuesta o pregunta que hagas hazla en inglés, si no es posible que te bloqueen los administradores.
Saludos.
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 05:33:29 PM »
Este es un foro EN INGLÉS. Deberías de ser más observador y mostrar respeto por las reglas y costumbres de los foros que visitas.
Si no sabes inglés esfuérzate un poquito y usa Google traductor https://translate.google.com/
traduce al inglés ahí lo copias y y lo pones aquí, las respuestas en inglés que te den las puedes
traducir ahí también. Es fácil y rápido, pero eres tu quien debe hacer ese trabajo para hacerte entender, no los miembros del foro.
Respecto a tu pregunta, te aclaro que no hay manera de cambiar de formato.
El formato CPI fue diseñado precisamente para evitar la piratería.
La próxima respuesta o pregunta que hagas hazla en inglés, si no es posible que te bloqueen los administradores.
Saludos.

Translation by Roger Brenizer (Please post in English, as we are an English speaking forum.):

Quote from: YonelPC on Yesterday at 07:05:52 PM
I would like to know if there is any way to change from cpi to ppi format
since I bought an expansion pack
but they sold it to me in cpi and the point is that I sold that keyboard and bought another one of the same model, but I cannot install the pack

This is an ENGLISH forum. You should be more observant and show respect for the rules and customs of the forums you visit.
If you don't know English, make an effort a little and use Google translator https://translate.google.com/
translate into English there you copy it and put it here, the answers in English that they give you can
also be translated there. It is easy and fast, but it is you who must do that work to make yourself understood, not the members of the forum.
Regarding your question, I clarify that there is no way to change the format.
The CPI format was designed precisely to prevent piracy.
The next answer or question you ask, do it in English, if it is not possible that the administrators will block you.
Greetings.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Argento

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 10:27:40 PM »
Lost guy..... making questions in Spanish , on a English only forum ...  ;D