Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > DGX Portable Grand Pianos (DGX 620,630,640,650,660,670)

Attaching the pedal stand of the DGX670 on the DGX650 or DGX660?

(1/1)

vbdx66:
Hello everyone,

Maybe someone has an idea about this. I have a DGX650 and I never bought the optional pedal stand mainly because the pedals are made of cheap plastic material.

The pedal stand for the DGX670 looks much better and is probably made to resist longer, apparently the pedals are made of solid metal this time.

Do you think that there is a way to attach the pedal stand for the DGX670 on the DGX650 (or 660 for that matter)? I think that this could be done by piercing a few holes at the right place in the wooden stand of the DGX650 and using the screws which come with the DGX670 pedal stand to fix it. I presume that the pedal connector is fairly standard and is the same on both pianos?

Thanks for helping,

Vinciane

Argento:
Can you put some photos (or a short video) , of the pedal & your keyboard Vinciane?

For sure they will work (the sustain pedal its simply a on/off switch, no electronics inside), but the theme is how to attach them the best way possible, can't figure out searching google, too many different stands / pedals appear, sadly.

vbdx66:
Hi Argento,

I haven’t bought the pedal stand yet since I am not sure whether I will be able to use it.

Here are photographs of a DGX650 both with its pedal stand and without. I also enclosed a link of the LP-1 three pedals stand which is meant for the P-121, P-125, P-515, and DGX-670 digital pianos:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/accessories/lp-1/index.html

This is much better than the “regular” LP-7 pedal stand made for the DGX650 and 660:

https://www.musik-produktiv.fr/yamaha-lp-7a-wh.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhP2BBhDdARIsAJEzXlEFWv9y0Y75nzAFieAYwgQaykiL94xTnxZcTYxDUYf40VPwerauRdIaAoQrEALw_wcB

Thanks for helping.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Argento:
Vinciane:

If you look closely, on the LP=1 pedals yos see what appears to be or holes, or slots to fix the pedals to the piano:

If that holes/slots match the height of the horizontal beam on the DGX, you're done:

You can put some screws for fixing it from the back (pedals) to the front (piano spar) without making the screws to pass thru, so you don't see the screws on the pront side of the piano.

If the LP-1 holes dont match the height of the SGX horizontal spar, all is not lost, you can put an intermediate (white in this case) , small wooden plate, that on one side (back)  fix the LP-1 pedals to the plate, and on the other side (front), fix the wooden plate , with the back side of the piano beam (without making pass-thru holes) so will look like an original part pf the piano.

Something like that (sorry for my drawing skills) i hope you understand my idea:

Red = Wood intermediate plate (maybe around 3/4" inch or 20mm should be enough)
Green  = Back plate to fix the pedals
Blue = Front side fixed to the piano horiz beam.

I think that should make it work flawlessly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version