Author Topic: Failed to Access  (Read 2863 times)

Offline dv01

Failed to Access
« on: March 01, 2021, 10:58:03 PM »
   Hi everyone,

I bought some packs and some of the packs I installed with no problem but some even I just chose 1 voice, it gave me the “Failed to access” message.  I read on the forum and saw couple people had same message.  I then changed new usb, did factory reset but problem was still there.  Does anyone have some other suggestions? 

Thanks
   Shane

Argento

Re: Failed to Access
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 01:44:23 AM »
Did you format the usb stick using the keyboard before transfering some data to it from the PC?

I have some problems using a PC formatted USB stick , that can't access some files when i connect it to my keyboard... formatted the stick using the keyboard function for that purpose, and everything worked fine after that

Offline dv01

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 12:41:26 PM »
Yes I did that too.  Plus some of the packs I installed just fine.  Thanks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 01:22:41 PM »
Are all these packs CPF files for Genos. Do you have the latest version of YEM.

Offline dv01

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 04:45:43 PM »
I am not sure to know how they belong to Genos or not, but when I installed the executing green bar was almost finished and then “Failed to access” message popped up.  I have 2.7 for YEM.  Thanks

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 04:59:00 PM »
Hi dv01,

is the current Firmware V2.02 installed on your Genos?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 05:10:30 PM »
Did you format the usb stick using the keyboard before transfering some data to it from the PC?

I have some problems using a PC formatted USB stick , that can't access some files when i connect it to my keyboard... formatted the stick using the keyboard function for that purpose, and everything worked fine after that

Had the same problem.
Deleted pack in YEM and then reload into YEM fixed it.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline dv01

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 10:31:09 PM »
Yes Chris.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 12:24:49 AM »
Yes Chris.

Hi dv01,

so you use YEM V2.7.0 on Windows and have installed the current Genos Firmware 2.0.2.

If I understand you correctly, you have imported certain Expansion Packs into the YEM, selected the desired Packs / contents, then created a Pack install file (.cpi) on the USB stick and then tried to install it on the Genos. And THIS installation is not carried out completely, but aborts with an error message. Is this description correct so far?

Then it is probably because one or more Packs that you have imported into the YEM are faulty or have been imported into the YEM incorrectly. I recommend that you do the following next:

- Close the YEM.

- Press [Windows] key + R to open the "Run" window:

- Enter the following string there (or copy it from here) and then press the [Enter] key:

%LocalAppData%\Yamaha\Expansion Manager

- This opens Windows Explorer with the following path:
C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager

- In the right area of ​​Windows Explorer you can see the contents of the folder "Expansion" Manager. (This is the so-called "User folder" of the YEM.)

- There is probably an "Expansion Manager.log" file there. Double click on this file to open it in Windows Editor / Notepad.

- This file could (should) contain error messages that indicate the defective Pack(s). You should then delete the faulty Pack(s) from the YEM (with "My Packs> Delete").

- Then you should download these Packs again from the Internet and re-import them into the YEM. If you rename the "Expansion Manager.log" file beforehand (e.g. to "Expansion Manager OLD1.log"), a new .log file will be created automatically if errors occur again when importing the Packs.

- It is best to first delete the old Pack Install file (.cpi) on the USB stick and then create a new one (with "Save as Pack Install File).

- If the error still occurs when installing the .cpi on the Genos, I recommend deleting or renaming the entire YEM user folder "Expansion Manager" (under the path mentioned above), e.g. renaming to "Expansion Manager OLD1".

- The next time the YEM is started, a new, initialized "Expansion Manager" folder is automatically created again. Now you have to re-import the Instrument Info file (.n27) into the YEM (as Install Target). (As a precaution, I recommend exporting this file from the Genos to the USB stick again beforehand.)

- Now you have to re-import all Packs into the YEM. The safest thing would be to download ALL Packs again from the Internet. Then you save a new .cpi file on the USB stick and try to install it on the Genos again.

- If the error still exists, I recommend selecting only one Pack at a time, then saving a .cpi file that only contains this one Pack, and installing it on the Genos. If you do this with all the Packs in turn, you should definitely be able to find the "guilty" Pack (s).

P.S.
I also recommend that you do not use the available Voice Wave Memory of the (3072 MB) to the last megabyte, but leave at least 10 MB free.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:38:33 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline dv01

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 07:32:23 PM »
Thanks Chris.  I will have to dig in this time  :D.