Author Topic: Search problem ....please helpppp!!!! from the Netherlands....  (Read 7614 times)

Offline Flupke

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the search function on the psr sx 900. The keyboard was once used as a demonstration model and it has a USB stick belonging to someone else. If I now want to search for something, for example a style or a registration, the keyboard always goes to the usb 1 input where the previous stick was in. and sees that files do not exist. How can I clear this memory. I have already gone back to factory settings. Have also formatted memory but it keeps going when I want to search for the USB that doesn't exist .... helpppp!!!!  can I delete this (cash memory?)

Online EileenL

Re: Search problem ....please helpppp!!!! from the Netherlands....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 02:12:45 PM »
If the keyboard goes to USB1 then just tab to USER and press search. It will then search for internal styles.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 02:45:45 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the search function on the psr sx 900. The keyboard was once used as a demonstration model and it has a USB stick belonging to someone else. If I now want to search for something, for example a style or a registration, the keyboard always goes to the usb 1 input where the previous stick was in. and sees that files do not exist. How can I clear this memory. I have already gone back to factory settings. Have also formatted memory but it keeps going when I want to search for the USB that doesn't exist .... helpppp!!!!  can I delete this (cash memory?)

Your keyboard is using its index to report search results, which needs to be updated. Normally the index is updated in the background, but big updates need time.

Turn your keyboard on, insert your USB stick, and leave it alone for 30 minutes. That should give it enough time to update.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Flupke

Offline Flupke

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 06:11:20 AM »
@ Eileen that doesn't work ...

@ Fred I am now at work but as soon as I get home I will try this .... Keyboard is on every day but never at rest I will try this and let you know.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 08:40:41 AM »
I had the same issue. Keyboard needs time to index. We have too many styles😀😀
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:00:22 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ton37

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 11:08:47 AM »
I had the same ssue. Keyboard needs time to index. We have too many styles😀😀
Mmm.. too many styles is more a human isue, this is more a 'technical problem': the OS (file-handling) of the Genos/SX or whatever model is soooo slow and sooo outdated. ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Flupke

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 06:20:13 AM »
Your keyboard is using its index to report search results, which needs to be updated. Normally the index is updated in the background, but big updates need time.

Turn your keyboard on, insert your USB stick, and leave it alone for 30 minutes. That should give it enough time to update.

Cheers,
Fred

Hi Fred,

this also doesn't work .... has been on all day and nicely indicated ... updating information for searching conaints and then says after 30 minutes Search index was last updated 30 minutes ago ... and if I then search function use, he will search again for usb from previous owners.

Online EileenL

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 12:28:33 PM »
Well I am at a dead loss with this one. If you have no USB sticks in the keyboard it can only search for what is in the keyboard and your user section and show these results surely.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
this also doesn't work .... has been on all day and nicely indicated ... updating information for searching conaints and then says after 30 minutes Search index was last updated 30 minutes ago ... and if I then search function use, he will search again for usb from previous owners.

"he" will search?

Do you have a USB stick inserted? If not, do so. If you have, then try a reset.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ckobu

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 01:00:15 PM »
Hi Flupke,

as far as i know, the search is done automatically only on the currently connected USB sticks. I am almost certain that there is no so-called temporary memory (cache) that remains after turning off the keyboard. After entering the desired expression, the results of what is in the factory settings are displayed the fastest, followed by the results from USB.

Your problem may be occurring because the previous user entered tags associated with their USB stick. Make sure they exist and simply delete them. You don’t need them anymore, and maybe that solves your problem.
Watch the video in this section.

https://youtu.be/-bipCNkMj98?t=441
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 01:01:31 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline Flupke

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 07:44:30 AM »
Hi Flupke,

as far as i know, the search is done automatically only on the currently connected USB sticks. I am almost certain that there is no so-called temporary memory (cache) that remains after turning off the keyboard. After entering the desired expression, the results of what is in the factory settings are displayed the fastest, followed by the results from USB.

Your problem may be occurring because the previous user entered tags associated with their USB stick. Make sure they exist and simply delete them. You don’t need them anymore, and maybe that solves your problem.
Watch the video in this section.

https://youtu.be/-bipCNkMj98?t=441

Hello Ckobu,

thanks for thinking along

have already reset it to factory settings that didn't help either. There is no Tag from the previous owner.

PS En ik kijk al jou tips op Youtube deze zijn een perfecte uitleg en hulp...

Flupke
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 07:50:17 AM by Flupke »

Offline Flupke

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 07:48:08 AM »
"he" will search?

Do you have a USB stick inserted? If not, do so. If you have, then try a reset.

Cheers,
Fred

Hi Fred,

you can also see him searching and find everything but it is not on my usb stick if you look closely and select something you see that he wants to go to a UBS stick from the previous owner ...

Flupke

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 09:58:20 AM »
... have already reset it to factory settings that didn't help either. There is no Tag from the previous owner. ...

Hi Flupke,

there is another Factory Set method (including a complete re-formatting of all internal Flash Memory areas).

Yamaha does not want this method to be posted publicly on the internet. However, you are welcome to contact me via PM (Personal Message), then I will send you the relevant information.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 09:59:41 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online EileenL

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 05:45:55 PM »
That's a pretty drastic way to go unless you have every single thing you have done on your keyboard saved.

Online EileenL

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 03:54:52 PM »
Has this problem been solved. Would be nice to know.

Offline alka

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2021, 06:19:19 AM »
Has this problem been solved. Would be nice to know.
Factory reset(another way) did not solve the problem, Yamaha support is also silent >:( >:(, I wrote about this problem to support@yamaha.com, but I got an answer how delete files or folder ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:23:25 AM by alka »

Offline johan

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2021, 08:42:06 AM »
Are you already on the latest firmware? Even if yes, you could try to reinstall the firmware. I had this issue once with my SX700 but it disappeared after a while so strange that you still have the issue. Also make sure not to insert the usb stick during the time that the keyboard is starting up.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline alka

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
Are you already on the latest firmware? Even if yes, you could try to reinstall the firmware. I had this issue once with my SX700 but it disappeared after a while so strange that you still have the issue. Also make sure not to insert the usb stick during the time that the keyboard is starting up.
Firmware is 1.05, I create style Test123.sty on empty, formated usb stick. Tap "Search" "Test123" and find style "Test123" on USB1. Delete style "Test123" for usb stick, again tape search "Test123" and search function show "Test123", but then I select this, wrote "File not found". I tape search "Rock" and found styles with contains "Rock" from non exiting "Expansion" :( :( :( :( 

Offline Flupke

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 09:54:42 AM »
Firmware is 1.05, I create style Test123.sty on empty, formated usb stick. Tap "Search" "Test123" and find style "Test123" on USB1. Delete style "Test123" for usb stick, again tape search "Test123" and search function show "Test123", but then I select this, wrote "File not found". I tape search "Rock" and found styles with contains "Rock" from non exiting "Expansion" :( :( :( :(

Hello Alka,   you have the same problem as me???

Flupke

Offline alka

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2021, 10:11:28 AM »
Hello Alka,   you have the same problem as me???

Flupke
Yes, the search function has a problem :(

Offline Flupke

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 12:27:02 PM »
Yes, the search function has a problem :(

If you have a solution, I am recommended ...

Flupke

The following users thanked this post: alka

Offline alka

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2021, 12:49:54 PM »
If you have a solution, I am recommended ...

Flupke
No, i not have soulution :(

Offline overover

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2021, 04:01:59 PM »
Hi alka,
hi Flupke,

are you sure that you have performed the "Factory Set" routine from the SX Test Program properly (as stated in the information I gave you via PM)?

Was "Force Format Mode" actually displayed in the LCD after the first restart, and did this mode then run completely?

To the best of my knowledge, if "Factory Set", including "Force Format Mode", is performed properly, then EVERYTHING will be erased and EVERYTHING will be reset to the factory settings. I can't imagine that there could still be an old search index on the device.

Maybe you just repeat the Factory Set procedure again (exactly according to the instructions in the relevant PDF). You may have overlooked something important and therefore NOT all memory areas of the SX were deleted / reset.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline alka

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2021, 04:23:40 PM »
Hi alka,
hi Flupke,

are you sure that you have performed the "Factory Set" routine from the SX Test Program properly (as stated in the information I gave you via PM)?

Was "Force Format Mode" actually displayed in the LCD after the first restart, and did this mode then run completely?

To the best of my knowledge, if "Factory Set", including "Force Format Mode", is performed properly, then EVERYTHING will be erased and EVERYTHING will be reset to the factory settings. I can't imagine that there could still be an old search index on the device.

Maybe you just repeat the Factory Set procedure again (exactly according to the instructions in the relevant PDF). You may have overlooked something important and therefore NOT all memory areas of the SX were deleted / reset.

Best regards,
Chris
From "Test" mode "Force Format Mode" complete(few times), rewrite firmware v1.05, but the problem is not gone. On PSR S970 "Factory reset" format all areas, Expansion and User. ON SX900 "Fаctory set" not erase Expansion area, (although the instruction about "The Factory set" writes "Initializes ROM backup data, etc. including USER drive data, and restores it to the factory shipping state")

Online EileenL

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2021, 11:01:18 PM »
A factory reset will not delete anything from Expansion memory. The PSR 970 acted the same. Try loading in a pack from your YEM This formats the expansion drive before loading the new pack.
Expansion styles have not been mentioned before only styles on a USB stick.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:03:41 PM by EileenL »

Offline alka

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2021, 09:28:57 AM »
A factory reset will not delete anything from Expansion memory. The PSR 970 acted the same.
S970 Reference manual page 132:
FILES & FOLDERS
Deletes all files and folders including the Expansion folder stored in the USER tab display.

Online EileenL

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2021, 03:37:46 PM »
May delete the folder but it dose not delete content of flash memory.

Offline Flupke

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 05:48:19 AM »
Nothing works to empty the cash memory ... it drives me crazy ....

Flupke....

Offline ton37

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 07:39:11 AM »
Feel sorry that you still have this problem, it is just a great keyboard on which you only  should have joy playing on and not irritation. Maybe bring your sx900 to a/your (Yamaha)dealer/-vendour is now the way to go?? Mostly there is a garantee for 2 years on the hardware?
My best regards,
Ton

Offline alka

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 08:59:48 AM »
I get answer from support@yamaha.com:
"...Our search function, particularly in our latest update for your instrument normally works without problems."

Offline Flupke

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 10:11:01 AM »
I get answer from support@yamaha.com:
"...Our search function, particularly in our latest update for your instrument normally works without problems."

Hi Aka,

so if I understand correctly, the latest firmware has to be rebuilt ...

Flupke

Online EileenL

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
You could try loading the latest update again. I have not had any problems since the update.

Offline johan

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2021, 08:47:19 PM »
Just an idea: maybe you can restore the pre-installed expansion contents (this is an option in the expansion pack menu)?
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline alka

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2021, 09:45:42 PM »
I restore the pre-installed expansion contents, factory reset from test, reflash firmware, delete all files from USER  with MusicsoftDownloader, problem not solve. I create "New Style001" with style creator and save in USER. Then go to Search "New Style001", found it in USER. Delete "New Style001" from user(Usb stick not connected) and search again. Found "New Style001" in USER, but then select it, writes that file not found. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:49:43 PM by alka »

Offline Flupke

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2021, 06:29:08 AM »
I restore the pre-installed expansion contents, factory reset from test, reflash firmware, delete all files from USER  with MusicsoftDownloader, problem not solve. I create "New Style001" with style creator and save in USER. Then go to Search "New Style001", found it in USER. Delete "New Style001" from user(Usb stick not connected) and search again. Found "New Style001" in USER, but then select it, writes that file not found.

Hello Alka,

I am already emailing a lot of yamaha dealers about the ... but then I get the answer ... reset to factory settings ... and if that doesn't help they have no idea .... IT MUST BE SOMEONE HAVE A SOLUTION I CAN'T IMAGINE WE ARE THE ONLY 2 IN THE WHOLE WORLD ...

Flupke

blackpool

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2021, 11:26:59 AM »
Hi - I would copy any files you value from the board to USB and return the unit to the dealer, asking for a replacement / repair giving full details of the on-going problem you are experiencing.

Sounds to me like you have an issue you cant resolve. I personally would not be prepared to dedicate so much of my time and energy to rectify it ... This is what warranty is provided for ...is it not??

Keith

Offline Flupke

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2021, 08:08:25 AM »
Hi - I would copy any files you value from the board to USB and return the unit to the dealer, asking for a replacement / repair giving full details of the on-going problem you are experiencing.

Sounds to me like you have an issue you cant resolve. I personally would not be prepared to dedicate so much of my time and energy to rectify it ... This is what warranty is provided for ...is it not??

Keith

Good morning,

this is correct I also have a warranty and also get a new keyboard in mid-July ...

Flupke

Online EileenL

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2021, 05:24:03 PM »
Why are you using Microsoft downloaded to delete files from user. Just delete on the keyboard in the normal way.
  All I do when searching for styles is to type the name in. This brings up the list off on board and both USB sticks I have in. I then choose the style. I then go back to search and press clear and OK and all search styles are removed. Next time you go to use Search you have a clean page. Works exactly the same on my Genos.

Offline simplaner

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2021, 07:48:32 AM »
Good morning Flupke, I would be interested in the error message. Can you take a photo of the error message and upload it?
Reinhard

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2021, 10:52:05 AM »
Hi Flupke,

I have collect a number of things the may couse this problem from the Owners Manual:

A file name can contain up to 46 characters and a folder name can contain up to 50 characters

The maximum number of files/folders which can be stored in a folder is 2500.

You can also restore the factory default value of specified settings or delete all files/folders in the User
drive on the display called up via [MENU]  [Utility]  [Factory Reset/Backup]  page 1/2.
For details, refer to the “Utility” of the Reference Manual on the website.

Up to 2500 songs can be registered in the Playlist

When a USB flash drive containing a large number of files is connected to the instrument,
the execution of the Auto Power Off function may be postponed, since the file search index is automatically updated.

Lets you set the amount of time that elapses before the power is turned off by the Auto Power Off function (page 21).
Touch this to call up the list of settings, and then select the desired one.
To disable Auto Power Off, select “Disabled” here.

The rating of the [USB TO DEVICE] terminal is a maximum of 5V/500mA.
Do not connect USB devices having a rating above this, since this can cause damage to the instrument itself.

Creating your own original contents:Creating new Audio Styles (PSR-SX900)
In not a Computer-related Operations but a Audio Phraser (*) Owner’s Manual.

I'm from holland too, if you want my personale help send me a P.M
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline Flupke

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2021, 01:25:40 PM »
Good morning Flupke, I would be interested in the error message. Can you take a photo of the error message and upload it?
Reinhard

Good morning,

I have  warranty and also get a new keyboard in July ...

Flupke