Author Topic: Multi-track copy and paste  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Bluesguy

Multi-track copy and paste
« on: March 01, 2021, 04:29:17 AM »
Is there a way to copy and paste multiple tracks at one time.  I have 24 bars of 8 tracks and want them to repeat say three more times how can I copy the 8 tracks and paste them all starting in the 25 measure for three paste?  All I can figure out is I have to do each track separately.

Jeff Hollande

Re: Multi-track copy and paste
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 07:32:29 AM »
Hi :

I guess you are using a DAW. Am I right ?

You can copy and paste all tracks in one time.

Good luck, Jeff Hollande
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:17:56 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
If your keyboard has song loop on it then you can use this to repeat the song section.

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 06:38:56 PM »
Mix Master is the choice for me.
Than you don't loose data as in a DAW.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline Bluesguy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 08:32:19 PM »
If your keyboard has song loop on it then you can use this to repeat the song section.

No I'm using the PSR-SX900 multitrack recorder.  I know how to do so with a PC DAW program it;s quite simple highlight the tracks and measures hit copy then choose your options for pasting.

This is just using the PSR and it's step edit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:33:20 PM by Bluesguy »

Offline Bluesguy

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:46 PM »

Using a DAW to record and then copy and paste I wouldn't lose an data and I can selection all the tracks I want to copy or all the tracks.  I don't see where in the PSR's multitrack recorder and editing you can do that only a single track at a time.

Argento

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 02:00:53 AM »

Don't know that piece of software , did a quick google search and can't quickly find anything about it?

I used Mix Meister quite some time ago for doing a audio track mix , for a photo presentation video, but not mix master :(

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 02:33:52 AM »
Hi Argento,

MixMaster is a free PC (Windows) program for editing MIDI files. It is unique because it is designed specifically for the Song, Style, Multi Pad and Voice files used by the Tyros/PSR/Genos line of instruments.

MixMaster was originally developed by Michael Bedesem, and Etienne Volbragt has now taken over the further development of this program.

You can download MixMaster here:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:36:43 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 08:54:43 AM »
There is no function *on the keyboard itself* to copy part of a track either onto the same track or another one.

You can copy an entire track to another one, but not part of it.

As others have said, if you need to do this then you need external software. If you're not using external software, well you just need to play it a few times while recording :)
Genos

Argento

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 06:36:35 PM »
Hi Argento,

MixMaster is a free PC (Windows) program for editing MIDI files. It is unique because it is designed specifically for the Song, Style, Multi Pad and Voice files used by the Tyros/PSR/Genos line of instruments.

MixMaster was originally developed by Michael Bedesem, and Etienne Volbragt has now taken over the further development of this program.

You can download MixMaster here:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks for the info Chris!

Offline Bluesguy

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 05:06:52 AM »
There is no function *on the keyboard itself* to copy part of a track either onto the same track or another one.

You can copy an entire track to another one, but not part of it.

As others have said, if you need to do this then you need external software. If you're not using external software, well you just need to play it a few times while recording :)

Yeah unfortunately it's a hurdle I was hoping to avoid and be able to do that basic editing in the keyboard itself.  I mean I can do it track by track but that is clunky and I would think a "workstation/production/arraigner" would have that simple edit feature.

Offline hans1966

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 08:09:10 PM »
Hi Bluesguy, on PSR keyboards, editing events for each song track is very tedious.

PSR keyboards are stages of Arrangements. they are so called because they come with rhythmic patterns or styles that incorporate orchestral arrangements, depending on the musical genre.

on the sx900 you can create a song from a particular style, using all sections (Intro, Variation1,2,3,4 and Ending)
You can also use the Chord Loop, or you can use external software.

if none of the above works for you then sell your sx900 and buy a workstation that does not require external software
for example: Yamaha Motif, or Korg Krome.

I hope this helps.
Regards. Hans
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:11:15 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"