Author Topic: Mic volume  (Read 2071 times)

kmspecialties

Mic volume
« on: February 25, 2021, 03:01:37 PM »
I may have hit a control button but my microphone which was independent from volume pedal is now controlled with volume pedal, please help
Bobf

kmspecialties

Re: Mic volume
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »
I do not have independent control with the mic slider control

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 03:23:13 PM »
Hi Bob,

please press Direct Access button and then press/move the Pedal slighly to call up the Assignable display.

Make sure to have ticked only the Parts that you want to be controlled by the Volume Pedal. Close the Assignable display.

If you work always with the same Pedal settings, you could tick "Pedal" in the "Parameter Lock" display.

Edit: Unforunately, I was wrong here: There is no "Pedal" parameter in "Parameter Lock". But you can use the "Freeze" function to prevent the current Pedal settings from accidentally changes by (unknown) Registrations:

Press the Direct Access button and then the Freeze button to call up the Freeze settings. Make sure to have ticked "Pedal" here, then close the Freeze settings display. Now, when "Freeze" is active (LED lights up) the current Pedal settings are locked.

Note that otherwise the Pedal settings could accidentally changed by Registrations. So save your Pedal settings in at least one (setup) Registration.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 05:11:48 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

kmspecialties

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 03:32:22 PM »
Thank you Chris it worked
Bon

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 03:47:18 PM »
Thanks for your quick feedback!

I'm glad to could help you!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 12:44:59 PM »
Dear Chris,

you suggested:
If you work always with the same Pedal settings, you could tick "Pedal" in the "Parameter Lock" display

On my Genos, Menu/Utility/Parameter Lock,  I can't find "Pedal" parameter.

Am I missing something?  ::)

Thank you,

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 05:40:39 PM »
Dear Chris,

you suggested:
On my Genos, Menu/Utility/Parameter Lock,  I can't find "Pedal" parameter.

Am I missing something?  ::) ...

Thank you for pointing out this, Angelo!

You are right, of course: There is no "Pedal" parameter in "Parameter Lock". But you can use the Freeze function instead. I have edited my first post. Please see there for more details.

By the way: In 2014, the Japanese Genos development team was here in Germany. I was at several meetings at that time. Among other things we (German "power users" and persons in leading positions from Yamaha Music Europe) mentioned that the Tyros5 successor (which was later called "Genos") should have more differentiated parameter options when saving Registrations and for "Parameter Lock". Unfortunately, almost nothing of this has been implemented by Yamaha in Genos and SX models ... :(

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 11:02:51 PM »
Yamaha should have listened to you Chris!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »
Bob,
Look at the lower button on the side of the slides.

Also look at line output assign.  In order to have separate control of my microphone I have it coming out from different output.