Author Topic: About SongBook+  (Read 3683 times)

henrycar

About SongBook+
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:04:39 AM »
SongBook+

This program won't be sold for 5 years any more?

Any Ideas

Argento

Re: About SongBook+
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 01:30:42 AM »
I don't use an ipad , but for what i see, its a program that you can replace , at least to some point, with a pdf reader, a multimedia player (vlc comes to my mind) , and a lyric searcher/display program....
Off course is "easier" using only one program for all... but if you can't use it anymore....

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 02:48:08 AM »
SongBook+

This program won't be sold for 5 years any more?

Any Ideas

Don't know what you're talking about. What is your question?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 08:03:08 AM »
Don't know what you're talking about. What is your question?

Cheers,
Fred

This notice was written in the App Store

What’s New
Version History
Jan 3, 2021 Version 4.0.6

IMPORTANT!

If you bought the full version of SongBook+ more than 5 years ago and you want to keep using it free of charge, then DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE!

Otherwise, the update will turn SongBook+ back into a demo version, and you will have to reactivate the full version by means of in-app purchasing or a monthly or yearly subscription.

(The cut-off point is a purchase date prior to 28 February, 2015, or a version earlier than Version 2.1.5. If you have a sponsoring subscription, you will not be affected.)

Watch my video channel

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:31:56 AM »
This notice was written in the App Store

What’s New
Version History
Jan 3, 2021 Version 4.0.6

IMPORTANT!

If you bought the full version of SongBook+ more than 5 years ago and you want to keep using it free of charge, then DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE!

Otherwise, the update will turn SongBook+ back into a demo version, and you will have to reactivate the full version by means of in-app purchasing or a monthly or yearly subscription.

(The cut-off point is a purchase date prior to 28 February, 2015, or a version earlier than Version 2.1.5. If you have a sponsoring subscription, you will not be affected.)

The notice is correct. What is your question?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 10:47:17 AM »
The notice is correct. What is your question?

Cheers,
Fred

I didn’t ask any question, I just share the notice.  ;D
Henry knows more.

I can only add my opinion regarding Song Book +. This is a bad authoring policy, especially because the app is recommended by Yamaha. Fortunately, there are good and cheaper solutions like the MobileSheets app.  ;) Unfortunately, it is only available for Android and Win.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:59:59 AM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »
I didn’t ask any question, I just share the notice.  ;D
Henry knows more.

I can only add my opinion regarding Song Book +. This is a bad authoring policy, especially because the app is recommended by Yamaha. Fortunately, there are good and cheaper solutions like the MobileSheets app.  ;) Unfortunately, it is only available for Android and Win.

Agreed it is bad policy. But developers have to stay in business. I’d rather the developer find a way to stay in business that lose the app.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline ckobu

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »
I agree, everyone is maintained in the business in their own way. Still, the biggest objection goes to Yamaha which was supposed to provide users with a normal way to use the external display. First came the added cost of a USB converter, followed by an “external collaborator” to build the app. Yamaha needed to solve this in a different and better way.

regards, ckobu
Watch my video channel

henrycar

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »
The way I think it is working now, you can't by the program for 5 years ($49) any more.
All they are offering are monthly payments or one year payment.
I had the five years, but can't get a way to by it again for another five years for $49.
Simple as that. Am I wrong??
I'll love to have a different way or different program, to do the things you can do with this one.

Regards henrycar

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 05:15:56 PM »
The way I think it is working now, you can't by the program for 5 years ($49) any more.
All they are offering are monthly payments or one year payment.
I had the five years, but can't get a way to by it again for another five years for $49.
Simple as that. Am I wrong??
I'll love to have a different way or different program, to do the things you can do with this one.

It looks like that's the case now. After you've had it for five years, and want to update the app, you have to subscribe (monthly or annually).

The way around this is to not update date the app. If you're happy with the way it is working, and don't need anything new, then keep the working version. You have to pay only if you update to a new version.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 07:57:26 PM »
Hi henrycar,

to my knowledge, the cheapest way to use always the latest version of Songbook+ is to subscribe as a "Bronze Sponsor". This can be done by an in-app purchase. In Germany this costs 0.99 euros (99 ct.) per month. The important thing is to do this BEFORE updating the app when you have received the wellknown message that the next "major" update would downgrade the app to a DEMO version.

By the way: As long as a corresponding sponsor subscription for SB+ has not yet been concluded, the automatic app update function should be deactivated on the iPad. This prevents SB+ from "accidentally" reverting to the DEMO version after 5 years.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 08:13:20 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)