Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Clavinova CVP Digital Pianos

CVP DIY Repair

(1/3) > >>

tangothomas:
If you own a CVP you don’t have to be afraid of doing a self repair if it suddenly starts to behave strange. If it’s under warranty and you can get a technician to do the work for you that’s the best. But after that you can take off the lid (only three screws) and check if anything seems wrong. Loose contact, burned component, screws that needs to be tightened.

In my case some notes did sound to high and some to low so I suspected the rubber contacts. They wear out or age or get dirty. So after a few years it is probably time to replace them. So that’s what I did. If you want to do this  you need clean hands, screwdrivers, and a plier. Remember not to touch the carbon on the rubber when you put everything together. The pictures shows the interior of my CVP 605. It’s actually harder to play the CVP well than to do this repair.

https://app.box.com/s/2qby44b4m26i04u3y0clobl3d3y7jz4b

MadrasGiaguari:
Dear Thomas,

incidentally, I just posted about the CVP contacts replacement:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,58392.msg453469.html#msg453469

In my case, not having enough technical capacity to do the repair on my own, I called Yamaha service, very efficient, and reasonably convenient (he changed ALL sets of contacts)

Since I have seen the Yamaha technician doing its work, very complicated, I must congratulate with you for your skill!

Angelo

tangothomas:
You don't need special skills to do this repair - just common sense. You have to get the keybed out, so remove what's in the way or hindering it to come loose. Take the complete assembly out, put it on a table, turn it around and unscrew the three boards. Then you get to the rubber contacts.

If you have seen someone do this it’s easier, and if you have access to a service-manual you can't go wrong. Sometimes you can even find YT- videos. It’s several contacts to remove because of all the buttons, screen and other functions in the lid, but if you take several pictures with your camera or mobilephone, everything will come to the right places. And the CVP will sound much better.

Argento:
That couch on the right of the 1st photo appears to be really confortable , and relaxing to lie on  ;)

Im pretty suprised on how "empty" the Clavinova is on the inside, appears to have only one digital board, all the rest (power source/filters?) are discrete components, easier to repair and replace.

You're really handy Thomas, to even dare to open your Yamaha for diy repairs , WELL DONE!!

tangothomas:
Well as you saw, lot of space. The chair has also a footstool, but what’s more important is the pianostool I made out of a Yamaha original. Bought separately. Didn't come with the CVP:s. Took away everything on top and cut out a new heavy foam ”cushion” with a ridge in the back for support. Feels nice when playing half an hour in the morning and evening.

https://app.box.com/s/sqxllcummgyagttmtbdtquarps1bk2yc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version