Author Topic: Vocal Harmony  (Read 3280 times)

Janne Sweden

Vocal Harmony
« on: February 22, 2021, 09:44:41 PM »
Hello. I have a Tyros 4 which I am very happy with. I use Vocal Harmony a lot and now I wonder
if there is any possibility to delete my own voice so that only the choruses are left.
Grateful for answers. Janne in Sweden.

Offline DrakeM

Re: Vocal Harmony
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 02:55:01 AM »
Well, you can't delete your voice BUT you can HIDE your voice.

You see, you have to have your voice for the HARMONY VOICES to be created by the Keyboard and thus be heard.

Here is a song in which you can see that it can be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj0flwoE2lQ

You just adjust your voice DOWN so that it is lower than the BACKUP harmony voices. It took me a bit of time to find the perfect settings for my mic and voice to balance out.

For this song I had to set up 3 different mic settings and save them into a registration. You can watch the video and see me changing out the voices as I press the registration buttons on the keyboard.

1- a setting for my voice alone with just reverb
2- a setting with my voice and the backup singer a bit lower in volume so my voice is a bit louder than the back up singers.
3- a setting with my voice just a bit softer but still mixed in with the backup singers (this is the setting you are looking for).

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:57:17 AM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: kristensen

Offline overover

Re: Vocal Harmony
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »
Hello. I have a Tyros 4 which I am very happy with. I use Vocal Harmony a lot and now I wonder
if there is any possibility to delete my own voice so that only the choruses are left. ...

Hi Janne,

you can do this by adjusting the BALANCE parameter in the VOCAL HARMONY EDIT display (OVERVIEW tab). Press [Direct Access] button and then [VH Type Select] (or [Effect] button) in the MIC section to open this display.

The T4 Reference Manual says on page 99:
BALANCE
Lets you set the balance between the lead vocal (your own voice) and Vocal Har-
mony. Raising this value increases the volume of the Vocal Harmony and decreases
that of the lead vocal. When this is set to L<H63 (L: Lead Vocal, H: Vocal Har-
mony), only the Vocal Harmony is output; when it is set to L63>H, only the lead
vocal is output.

Please see also the attached picture!

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)