Author Topic: Tyros 4 Battery  (Read 3533 times)

Janne Sweden

Tyros 4 Battery
« on: May 21, 2021, 12:58:57 PM »
Is there a battery in Tyros to hold memories in my registry memories?

Offline Arnak

Re: Tyros 4 Battery
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 01:11:29 PM »
Hi,

Not as far as I know but you should perhaps check with Yamaha on that point.

The service manual says that it MAY contain a battery but that is just a generic statement.

I would guess that the settings are all stored on the hard drive. 8)

But I cannot be sure.

Martin

Janne Sweden

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 01:18:14 PM »
I do not really know either. Some settings e.g.
  the setting for reverb, which I have different for each song, is not saved, therefore my question.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 01:38:29 PM »
Is there a battery in Tyros to hold memories in my registry memories?

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Janne!

No, Tyros models do NOT contain any Battery. The user system settings are stored in the internal Flash Memory (that doesn't need power to hold its contents).

To store Registrations permanently, you save the Registration Bank (= the current content of the Registration Buttons 1 - 8) as a file on the desired data medium (internal User drive, internal hard drive or connected USB stick).

Note: The internal User drive (which is also located in the internal Flash Memory) is very small on Tyros4 (only about 6 MB). So it is best to save/store your files (e.g. Registration Banks, User Styles, Multi Pads, MIDI files, User Voice files, etc.) on the internal hard disk (HD1) or on a USB stick (USB1).

If you have further questions about this topic, just register here in this thread.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Janne Sweden

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 01:39:37 PM »
Now I have found and read the service manual and it says nothing about any battery, so now I know!
Thanks for helping.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 01:46:11 PM »
I do not really know either. Some settings e.g.
  the setting for reverb, which I have different for each song, is not saved, therefore my question.

Do you mean MIDI files here when you say "Song"? You cannot save the (changed) settings of MIDI files in Registrations, but you have to save the changes directly to the MIDI file (MIDI "Song"). To do this, open the Song Creator, go to "CHANNEL > SETUP", press SONG STOP button to go to the top position of the Song, press "EXECUTE" and save the Song again.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 01:48:37 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)