Author Topic: Error in YEM!!!  (Read 579 times)

Error in YEM!!!
« on: February 21, 2021, 08:27:27 PM »
Hi!, a question... Why in the YEM program does this gray bar appear at the end of making a ppi file? I have windows 10 and it program version 2.7 ...

and when I remove elements it does not decrease what I have installed .....

because?

Offline DerekA

Re: Error in YEM!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 09:25:42 PM »
It shows how much space the voice waves that you selected takes up.

When you remove something, it may or may not decrease the expected size. For example removing styles will not reduce wave memory. And some voices share waves. In general though deselecting voices should reduce the expected size.
Genos

Offline overover

Re: Error in YEM!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 11:10:36 PM »
... Why in the YEM program does this gray bar appear at the end of making a ppi file? I have windows 10 and it program version 2.7 ...

and when I remove elements it does not decrease what I have installed .....

because?

Hi Marcos,

I think everything is ok here in your YEM: ;)

As I can see in your picture, you have three "Install Targets" in your YEM (Tyros5, S970 and SX900). In contrast to the Tyros5 and S970, PSR-SX models (and Genos) have a Pack QUICK Install function.

And this is the reason why this gray bar is displayed on the SX900 in your case: The blue area (10 MB) is reserved by the system. Together with the gray area, the displayed 796 MB "Voice Wave Size" result, which is occupied on the SX900 if you have installed the (last) generated .ppi or .cpi file.

The YEM now "remembers" this currently installed content, and for future Pack Installations you can select the "Pack QUICK Install" format .pqi or .cqi instead of the .ppi or .cpi format (by toggling the FILE TYPE in "Save as Pack Installation File "window).

The "Pack QUICK Installation" has the advantage that in future installations not ALL Packs will always be completely reinstalled, but only Packs/contents that have been deselected in YEM are deleted on the instrument and/or new Packs/contents are added. This "quick" method has a (temporal) advantage, especially with a relatively MANY installed Packs.

Please see also the attached picture!

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:12:37 PM by overover »
Everyone always said: "This is not possible!" - Then someone came and ... just did it!