Author Topic: What Software can I use to play a Style on Windows 10  (Read 3469 times)

Offline dlepera

What Software can I use to play a Style on Windows 10
« on: February 21, 2021, 06:03:35 AM »
I am looking for a recommended software(if there is one) that can play the Styles and/or Regits on a Windows 10 PC.  It is rather time consuming going through them all on the keyboard trying to find what I want.  Also is there a way to mark a style on USB as favorite. Seems to only work for the preloaded ones on the keyboard.
   Regards.    dom 
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline Ajag

Re: What Software can I use to play a Style on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:34:05 AM »
hello Dlepera
You will find some software if you look on the Forum utility tab. I use Buter and Psr style database all free. Do look and try them,
Ajag
Alan

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 07:34:06 AM »
Please look at the following topic, Dom.  :)

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,58490.0.html
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Offline dlepera

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 03:08:24 PM »
Ajag & Roger thank you... I have just downloaded the Simplified Style Player and working fine.

I did download Peter's PSR Style & Midi Database, and it did load all my styles. My expectation was that it would allow me to simply select a style from list it generated, then I press the PLAY radio button and I would would get the sound.  However it prompts for me to select an external player. Guess this software is not for me. 

Roger that link you provided to the post is very recent, not sure how I missed it, but glad you pointed it out.  The link I used from that post is:
  Normann's link: https://www.normann-simplified.dk/projects

Regards.   dom
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:58:42 PM by dlepera »

Argento

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 03:12:21 AM »
Rogers beats me on the reply, was about to redirect you , in the same post i started, with exactly the same question :

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,58490.0.html

The software "Simplified Style Player" , works really well on my PC rig , BUT, the sounds on the pc speakers not always correspond to the same sound on my PSR-EW410 keyboard (i suppose different midi instruments between pc & keyboard, but if in the software options, i change the output from the PC sound card (default) to the Yamaha keyboard, the style sound exactly the same as i loaded it directly on the Yamaha using the usb stick

Offline dlepera

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 06:54:37 PM »
Hello Argento.  Roger is very quick and resourceful. So if you want to keep up with him you have to learn from him.
BTW.  my version which is the latest has MS GS Wavetable Synth(open) as the default for MIDI Output and no other options.  However I can put up with the sound on my PC.   
  On another note, I see you have the PSR Ew410.  I have the same(76key). I am impressed on your eagerness to exploit it.  I had no knowledge of what an arranger keyboard can do. I used mine the best I knew how and very happy with it.  Believe it or not, I still have my PSR E423 and will not let iether of them go as they both have a very good place in the way I enjoy my music.  I did go to the SX700 back in october and you will not believe this.  I was ready to send it back after two weeks as I could not justify the money for what I though the pain of getting it to sound like I wanted it was going to be.  Then I found this forum and as you may already know it is a God send with wonderful helpful people and soo much information that I have spent almost 3 months, getting to know my keyboard enough to exploit all my songs with all the styles, pads and regits that I have been finding. This is such a reward for me NOW with endless hours of challenges and pleasure.  I have not even scratched the surface yet.
   Your determination, has inspired me to go back to my EW410 and try to exploit it where possible as well. .
       Thanks for your feedback.  Enjoy.  All the best!              dom 

Argento

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »
Hey Dom!, yeah, the ew410 is really nice for being an "entry level" keyboard, lots and lots of options (compared to the one i learned 40+ years agi, yamaha duotone) at least!! lol

You need drivers installed on the PC , so the Keyboard can be recognized for both midi input (you play on the yamaha, and "sound" on the PC) and midi output (you "play"on the PC, and "listen" en the Yamaha)... in the case of the PSR-EW410 the driver is "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V2.0.4 for Windows 10 " , located on the official yamaha site :https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-ew410/downloads.html#product-tabs

For the SX-700 SHOULD BE "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V2.0.4 for Windows 10 (64-bit)" (i bet its the same one that for the EW410) located on yamaha site https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/keyboards/downloads/firmware_software/index.html?k=&c=keyboards

Once you installed the Windows yamaha driver, you should have both, input, and output for midi porgrams, from the Yamaha to the PC

Regards!

Offline dlepera

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 11:48:46 PM »
I will give it whirl .  Thank you.  Regards     dom