Author Topic: DGX-650 question about default main volume  (Read 1192 times)

Offline dr4sight

DGX-650 question about default main volume
« on: September 15, 2021, 02:19:36 PM »
I've had my DGX-650 for a few years now and still love all the things it can do.

Something that I've recently noticed is that when I turn it on the Grand Piano voice (#1) is way too loud with the volume knob set halfway between min and max.  I don't recall it being that way in the past.

When I use the function button to check the Main Volume setting it reads 112  (I believe 127 is the most it can be).  To be comfortable to my ears I can reset it something in the low 80s but after I do so if I re-turn the piano that voice is back to 112 loud.

Is there a setting or way to change it to  a number in the mid 80s and have it stay that way?  I already use all the registration slots for voices and have made sure that the main volume on each is comfortable for me.

thanks in advance.

Larry

Offline vbdx66

Re: DGX-650 question about default main volume
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 02:35:18 PM »
Hello Larry,

Unfortunately, to achieve what you want to do, you really need a register memory slot.

When you power the DGX-650 off, Style Volume, Song Volume and Metronome Volume will remain into memory, but not the Main, Dual and Split voices volume.

I'd suggest you use Bank 1 Memory Slot 1 to store the Natural! Grand Piano voice at the appropriate volume, since this is most probably a setting that you will use again and again.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

The following users thanked this post: dr4sight