Author Topic: Legacy registrations on Genos  (Read 3087 times)

Legacy registrations on Genos
« on: February 18, 2021, 04:07:38 PM »
Dear friends,

I'm able to load Styles from my old Clavinova CVP 309 (equivalent to PSR 3000 Operating System), and they work fine.

Unfortunately I CANNOT load registrations: when I try to do it, a message appears "Data has not been loaded properly", and the screen goes back to registrations I made with Genos.

I searched the Forum for this item, but the only answer I found is related to software to process legacy Registrations for Genos.

Is there any other way to do so? (I have a Mac....).

Thank you
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Legacy registrations on Genos
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 04:18:20 PM »
I'm able to load Styles from my old Clavinova CVP 309 (equivalent to PSR 3000 Operating System), and they work fine.

Unfortunately I CANNOT load registrations: when I try to do it, a message appears "Data has not been loaded properly", and the screen goes back to registrations I made with Genos.

I searched the Forum for this item, but the only answer I found is related to software to process legacy Registrations for Genos.

Is there any other way to do so? (I have a Mac....).

It won't be easy with a Mac. So find a friend with a PC.

The best way is to convert your registrations to something the Genos understands (ie, Tyros 4, 5, Genos 1.x). Use Murray Best's Registration Manager to do this, available here: https://www.psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Offline frozzers

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »
I can highly recommend Murray Best's Yamaha Registration Manager.

I have a Mac and run a virtual PC in it. The software is Parallels Desktop:

https://www.parallels.com/uk/products/desktop/buy/?full

If you install Parallels, you'll be able to run Registration Manager and all the other Windows utilities detailed on the PSR Tutorial website.

Money well spent.

Cheers

Chris

Offline frozzers

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »
I think I should have added that you'll need a copy of Windows as well ...  :)

Still cheaper than buying a new PC though.

Cheers

Chris