Author Topic: Step edit style change  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Bluesguy

Step edit style change
« on: February 15, 2021, 03:22:10 AM »
So I recorded a song with a style and one touch chords, simple song,  and in one of the chorus's when I was supposed to hit the key for the 5 chord I hit the 4 chord but quickly hit the 5 but it don't sound right.  I can't figure out how to edit it in the step edit to edit the mistaken 4 chord to the 5 and delete the 5 I did hit but off beat.  Can you do that in the step edit?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Step edit style change
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 03:46:18 AM »
So I recorded a song with a style and one touch chords, simple song,  and in one of the chorus's when I was supposed to hit the key for the 5 chord I hit the 4 chord but quickly hit the 5 but it don't sound right.  I can't figure out how to edit it in the step edit to edit the mistaken 4 chord to the 5 and delete the 5 I did hit but off beat.  Can you do that in the step edit?

It won’t be easy. Your problem is that the recording records, not the pressing of the 5 chard, but what the pressing produces — up to 8 channels and several notes in each channel. So you have to delete all the extraneous notes, and enter the proper notes.

You’re probably better off to re-record, hopefully with punch in/punch out so you don’t have to redo the whole thing.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bluesguy

Re: Step edit style change
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:23:38 AM »
Yeah that is what I beginning to see,  Have watched a tutorial since about recording the verse, chorus, bridge as separate chord loops then just hitting them to record the song concentrating on the style changes as you record. So think I will venture there.

Baby steps........