Author Topic: Simple question....I hope  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Jeff_M

Simple question....I hope
« on: February 13, 2021, 12:53:31 AM »
On my PSR SX900, how do I move a selection from one playlist to another?  You might guess that this thing has been somewhat of a challenge for me, but as of last week I may be over the hump.  I sure enjoy playing it. 

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Simple question....I hope
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 02:45:59 AM »
On my PSR SX900, how do I move a selection from one playlist to another?  You might guess that this thing has been somewhat of a challenge for me, but as of last week I may be over the hump.  I sure enjoy playing it.

To move to a different playlist, you load the new one (tap the playlist name at the top to get the list).

To "move a selection" (with "selection" being an entry in the playlist), you need to delete from the old playlist, and create in the new.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 03:54:15 PM »
Hi Jeff,
 Not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to change from one playlist to another or copy the contents of one playlist into another.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 06:16:12 PM »
On my PSR SX900, how do I move a selection from one playlist to another?  You might guess that this thing has been somewhat of a challenge for me, but as of last week I may be over the hump. ...

Hi Jeff,

for one or a few entries it will probably be quickest if you simply create the relevant entries in the new playlist from scratch. If you have named your Registration files with the song name, this is very quick.

P.S.
You cannot move a "selection" of Records from on Playlist to another. But you can copy ALL Records of a Playlist to another Playlist using the "Append Playlist" function (and then delete any unnecessary Records from the new Playlist). Please refer to pages 90 - 93 of the SX900 Owner's Manual, especially to page 92.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)