Author Topic: Adding a guitar  (Read 1473 times)

Bonzai99

Adding a guitar
« on: May 09, 2022, 09:34:22 PM »
Can you plug and electric guitar into the Mike input and use the Genos as the amplifier for the guitar ?  Does anyone actually have someone accompany them with an electric guitar?  If so what settings do you use.  Thanks

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Adding a guitar
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 11:15:10 PM »
Yes, all Yamaha arrangers with mic inputs you can!

When you're selecting insert DSP's for the mic, you can choose a distortion/overdrive model with wah, etc! Works quite well. Not as good as a Yamaha THR amp (or even a Blackstar one), but it'll do the job!

Be very careful to setup a registration for your guitar setting though; the volume output on the various distortion models varies *wildly* and you'll want to dial the tone to be balanced with your keyboard beforehand (also turn the keyboard master volume *way* done when you initially do this)

Mark

Re: Adding a guitar
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 11:17:14 PM »
I've plugged an acoustic guitar into the mic input successfully. I've never plugged in an electric guitar, like a Fender or Gibson. Electric guitar amplification is an entirely different kettle of fish, which can be done through the Genos mic input but it won't have the same sound as a Fender amp, despite the fact there are numerous electric guitar effects on the Genos. An electric guitar amp and speaker combo is skewed very differently than the flat frequency response produced by the Genos sound processor.

Edit
I agree with Mark in that it will produce sound, but don't expect the same results as a real electric/amp combo, if that's your goal - not even close.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 11:18:58 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: johan