Author Topic: Organising songs within Genos  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Mr. Gary

Organising songs within Genos
« on: February 11, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »
Greetings all from sunny Spain.
Thanks to most appreciated replies to my previous questions on the Forum, I've just about managed to get to grips with the registration sequences in my new Genos.
As you're no doubt aware, the Genos arrives with preset songs, both on the internal hard drive and from my agent a healthy selection of songs supplied on USB1. I then purchased a style collection from Joe Walters, (with thanks to Roger B along the way) supplied on now designated as USB 2.
I have noticed duplications when conducting a search for a song, can I assume that Genos searches ALL three areas ( internal hard drive, USB 1 & 2?)
I ask because I'd like to rationalize all songs then back them up on a separate USB, which (apologies) brings me to another question.
On reading one of Gary Diamond's articles he mentioned the problem of 'dead time', that was whilst performing having to search for settings whilst a dance floor of people waited, and the way he managed it with floppy disks.
I was rather hoping to put everything I could on the internal drive until I read another response on the Forum which read 'use internal memory only as a temporary workplace'..
I have read about grouping by Genre & Style etc but the question of how to group for speedy access still escapes me, perhaps on the playlist which I have yet to get to grips with?
So that's about it, (no doubt only for now!) All assistance with my queries are gratefully accepted and a since 'thank you' in advance..

B Regards

Gary
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:24:39 AM by Mr. Gary »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Organising songs within Genos
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »
Put everything in the User drive. So simple and convenient. Back it up occasionally.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Mr. Gary

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 10:15:57 AM »
Thanks for the prompt reply Fred, as always most appreciated.

B.regards

Gary

Online Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 10:56:24 AM »
Hi Gary,

I have all my Registrations in Folders like Fifties, Sixties, Beatles, America, Moody Blues, etc... all stored in the USER Section. These all point to Styles and Midi's also stored in the USER sections. From these I make a Playlist depending on the audience I am playing for hypothetically, because I don't gig. There is no lag when switching from one Registration/song to another. The only time there would be any wait, was if someone requests a song that is not in the Playlist. If you are storing everything on USB, there would be some delay as USB is not as fast as the USER section. As Fred Stated above, be sure to  backup. I too was working off off USB sticks, and foolishly not back up thinking USB's never fail, but they do. USER drive is the best place to work out of and then back up to a USB and if you have a computer, make a copy of this on the PC as well. Also be sure to back up the Genos System settings periodically too.

Rick D.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 01:20:26 PM »
Unlike other keyboards Genos has 58Gb of user memory in place of Hard Drive so plenty of space to save most things.