Author Topic: Polarity issue.  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Toril S

Polarity issue.
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:00:37 PM »
Hello friends :)
I keep getting change of polarity of my sustain pedal. It is not a Yamaha one, but is a piano pedal style one that recently have started to change polarity on the Genos. It most ofthen happens when I am trying out many different styles. The pedal feels OK.
Is this normal?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

Re: Polarity issue.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:48:12 AM »
Hi Toril,

make sure that all Pedals are properly connected BEFORE powering up the keyboard. And do NOT press any Pedal until the keyboard is ready to play. (Otherwise the Pedal will work "reversed".)

Use allways the same Pedal socket for the Sustain Pedal (usually Pedal socket #1).

The Polarity of the Pedal is automatically detected on startup. (This is the reason that you must not press the Pedal at this time.}

If the Pedal works "reversed" nevertheless, press Direct Access, then press the Pedal (this opens the Assignable display) , and then manually change the Polarity, so that the Pedal works correctly.

Note: CLOSE the Assignable display correctly (by pressing the Exit button or touching the X icon). Only when doing so, the Polarity setting is correctly saved (in the so called "System Setup") So, do not leave the Assignable display open in the background.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 01:05:30 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Toril S

Re: Polarity issue.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 10:19:39 AM »
Thank you so much Chris!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page