Author Topic: Expansion Manager Help please  (Read 1530 times)

frank22

Expansion Manager Help please
« on: February 09, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »
Hello
I am trying to load an expansion pack into my SX700.
When I get to the "Import Pack" stage and select my usb it is saying "no selection match" although the pack is definitely loaded on the usb.
What am I doing wrong - any help would be appreciated for a beginner.
Thanks
Frank

Offline Toril S

Re: Expansion Manager Help please
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 10:09:56 PM »
Have you imported the SX700 instrument file into YEM?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

frank22

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 11:04:43 PM »
Thank you Toril S
I've now done that and now I've got past that stage - all seems to be installed ok. One problem - all my 8 registration memories have switched to the new styles and sounds and I have lost my previous saved registrations. Are these now lost forever and how do I clear the memories without affecting the new installation?
Thank you for your help
Frank

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 12:05:36 AM »
... One problem - all my 8 registration memories have switched to the new styles and sounds and I have lost my previous saved registrations. Are these now lost forever and how do I clear the memories without affecting the new installation? ...

Hi Frank,

installing new Expansion content on the keyboard does not affect your Registriation Memory. But when you load another Registration Bank (e.g. a bank that is included in an Expansion Pack), the Registrations on your Reg Memory buttons (1 - 8⁣) will be changed of course.

If you have memorized your own settings on the 8 Reg Memory buttons (by pressing [Memory] button, ticking the desired checkboxes and then pressing the desired Reg Memory button), you must always also save the whole Registration BANK (as a file in the User drive or on the connected USB stick). The number of possible Registration Banks (each with up to 8 Registrations on the 8 buttons) is practically unlimited , only depending on the available space on the drive used. But Registration Bank files are very small (only about 20 KB) so you don't have to worry about storage space. :)

Regarding the Registration Memory, please refer to SX900 Owner's Manual, pages 86 - 86, and SX900 Reference Manual, pages 86 - 90.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 05:30:19 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 01:33:32 PM »
If you have saved your previous registrations to User section or USB then just tab to that section and you will find them.