Author Topic: Lost my registrations?????  (Read 3381 times)

Offline mgbchuck

Lost my registrations?????
« on: February 09, 2021, 07:58:41 PM »
Howdy… I don’t understand what’s happening. I’ve been busy working… Programming a lot of new songs… And saving the registrations in my USB stick. All of a sudden… I only have the new song that I just saved in my registration … And everything else disappeared. I even took the flash drive up to my computer in my office to take a look at what’s on the USB stick… And I don’t see any of my registrations. And… Guess what… The last time I made a back up of my USB was about a year ago. So Stupid on my part. I am really good at backing up my computer in my office… But I was definitely lax doing this. Has anybody else ever had this happen. I have no idea what happened. I didn’t delete anything .
Thanks .... Chuck

Offline Toril S

Re: Lost my registrations?????
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:03:03 PM »
Maybe you  accidently  saved them on the harddrive on your Tyros iinstead of the USB stick?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: mgbchuck

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 08:13:10 PM »
Hi Chuck,

yes, as mentioned by Toril, look on the T5 hard drive (HD1), and look also in the User drive.

P.S.
Please also note that all File Selection displays are filtered by file type. For example, if you see an "empty" folder e.g. in Style mode, it could still contain Registration files, and so on.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:41:14 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:16:15 PM »
Did you delete anything from the pen drive?

If not please check your antivirus ( Trojan horse )
This virus is known to delete stuff.

If you want to take a shot , there's a software called Recuva. You could try scanning the pen drive for deleted files. ( Do note this is just a suggestion, even though the process is Safe and I haven't had a issue when I needed it. )
Norman.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:20:31 PM by Normanfernandez »
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline johan

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 09:33:24 PM »
If on your keyboard you still have at least one registration (the one you are referring to with the new song), then you should at least be able to find this on the memory stick (on pc). If not, very probably that you registrations are saved on the harddisk as indicated by Chris and Toril. Be sure to select the correct place on the keyboard when looking for your registrations: on the SX700, you can look in “User” and in “USB1” so I guess this is similar on Tyros. If you only see one “file”, it could be a folder in which all your registrations are hidden. Folders and single files look very similar so be sure to well enter in the folder if a folder name is shown.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 09:34:34 PM by johan »
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline mgbchuck

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 09:53:28 PM »
I will double check again..... but I didn’t see them. What hurts is I decided to get my butt in gear two weeks ago...... add some new songs.... just keyboard stuff for me.  I have backups of all my gig registrations.... but I wanted to get a bunch of keyboard songs to play at some senior centers.  I spent 2-3 hours a day for the past two weeks saving about 50 songs that I tweeted and tweeted. I just started to practice these each day to really get comfortable playing them. And now ...... lots of hours lost and a lot of redo time.  I guess I’m lucky I have time to do it. I would much rather practice playing than all the programming and tweeting. When am I going to learn..... backups.... backups....backups.  Just plug the flash drive into my computer and hit copy..... paste.  That is all that it takes.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 10:01:19 PM »
I know! You have my deepest sympathy! Check the download folder on the computer too, in case you put the copies in there instead of your usual folder.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 10:36:45 PM »
Hi Chuck,

normally nothing is deleted "by itself". If you delete something manually, you have to explicitly confirm it again. One possibility would be if you had executed the command "Delete > All" on the keyboard (and had confirmed this). Then all files and sub-folders in the current folder would have been deleted.

If the USB stick is still working, i.e. recognized by both the PC and the keyboard, it is difficult to imagine that something suddenly disappeared "by itself". It is likely that, as already mentioned, you accidentally saved your files on a different drive (user or hard drive).

Did you "accidentally" save it on another USB stick? Most users have several (mostly even "many";)⁣) USB sticks ...

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 03:53:55 AM »
Chris I was referring to the USB Stick.
Norman. 
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Runner4Fun

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 02:33:39 PM »
Hi Chuck,
as it was mentioned:
try the free Software Recuva - download-link :
https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva
Normally, deleted files will remain on the USB-Stick if accidentally deleted.
The files will be found with this software and the file-names start with an "$" at the beginning, i.e. "$ove Story" (Love Story).
You have to change the "$" manually each file by the right letter.
You are able to get them this way, however, as long you haven't worked with this USB-Stick meanwhile (for example saving other files), which could overwrite deleted files (the system sees the deleted files as "free space").
Give Recuva-SW a chance !
I personally used this SW in the past cause I accidentially deleted files on a USB-Stick and I got all them back by the way I described.

Klaus
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:48:52 PM by Runner4Fun »
Best Regards
Klaus
... with his Genos2

Offline AndyT

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 11:55:24 AM »
Hi,

I agree Recuva is excellent but one key point is not to write anything to the USB stick/drive partition that you are trying to recover from.
If you have stuff on the instruments hard disk - take it out and scan on a PC.
You will be able to get it back even if you double deleted, but you will need to do a deep scan which is an option when scanning.
No idea about apple/mac.....

- Andy

Offline adrianed

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 02:55:06 AM »
By the look of the response to your problem it looks like you will probably recovery your registrations
On this very same day I thought I might have lost mine over 500 of them, it would take many hours to do them again
I caused my problem by removing some midi files off the USB to make space, they had nothing to do with the registrations
After I had removed them the keyboard could not find the registrations so I put them back and now it’s all working again
It seemed like if we remove anything off the drive it  might lose the reg
I was prepared for trouble but was still shocked when it happened
Adrian