Author Topic: Lap multipads  (Read 1527 times)

Offline thomas750

Lap multipads
« on: February 07, 2021, 11:46:10 AM »
Goodmorning all
is it posible to put the lapmultipads ppi file when i load it to put those in my user memory thanks
thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline overover

Re: Lap multipads
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 12:50:26 PM »
Hi Thomas,

unfortunately, your post above doesn't really make sense. What do you mean by "lapmultipads"? And what exactly are you trying to do with that .ppi file?

A .ppi file is a "Pack Install" file that was created in the YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager) for a certain keyboard model (e.g. for the PSR-S770). When you install a suitable .ppi file on your S770 (using "Pack Installation" function), the Expansion content contained in this .ppi file will be installed, but at the same time your previously installed Expansion content will be DELETED from the keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
Yes it is. Just load the Multipad from the pack and you can then save it to your user or USB  but if it uses voices from the pack then you must always have this pack loaded or re-voice the Multi pads.

Offline thomas750

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 06:03:35 PM »
thank you Eileen
thomas

Offline thomas750

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 06:09:34 PM »
Hi Chris
i mean that those pads have singing phrases and i dont have a psr 770 but now i have psr sx 700 but anyhow thanks for the respons
thomas

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 06:59:06 PM »
Thank you for your quick feedback, Thomas!

Yes, as already mentioned by Eileen, you can load an Expansion Multi Pad and then save it to a location outside the Expansion folder. (The copy function is not available inside the Expansion folder.)

However, if a MIDI Multi Pad uses an Expansion Voice to play such "vocal phrases", the corresponding Pack must be installed so that the Multi Pad can be used from the User drive or from a USB stick.

If it comes to an "Audio Link Multi Pad", you have to ensure that the .wav files used by the Multi Pad file are present.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 08:59:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline thomas750

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 07:06:49 PM »
OKE CHRIS
NOW I GET THE PICTURE THANKS FOR THAT
THOMAS