Author Topic: VST plugin sounds on Yamaha PSR SX-900  (Read 4101 times)

VST plugin sounds on Yamaha PSR SX-900
« on: February 06, 2021, 05:41:22 PM »
Good morning, I am trying to configure the keyboard so that the VST plug-in sounds from the DAW Presonus Studio can be heard through the speakers of the Yamaha PSR SX-900 without having to use the speakers that are connected to the audio interface. I have the midi in and out cables connected from the keyboard to the audio interface in addition to having the Main Output L + R outputs to the L + R inputs of the audio interface, I have been looking at the manual but I have not been able to configure it. I know I can't hear MIDI but I'm talking about having the L + R audio cables connected, maybe it's because the PSR can't play that audio? it possible to get the sound of VST plugins from a DAW out of the PSR speakers? I hope the help of someone who knows how to solve this. Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 06:34:07 PM by Luis_Van_Gogh »

Offline Joe H

Re: VST plugin sounds on Yamaha PSR SX-900
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 06:38:03 PM »
Try connecting the audio out from your computer directly into the Aux audio input on your keyboard.

You then will be able to the VST sounds along with internal sounds of the keyboard through the keyboard speakers or headphones.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Re: VST plugin sounds on Yamaha PSR SX-900
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 07:09:10 PM »

I have tried it and I have succeeded, it works well although I will need an adapter to connect the two large 6 "Jack to hear it through the two speakers since the aux input is only one small pin. Thank you very much for your help.