Author Topic: Chord Looper question  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Bluesguy

Chord Looper question
« on: February 02, 2021, 01:41:44 AM »
Still a newbie on my SX900, baby steps but having a blast.

Quick question, can you use the chord looper in recording a new song particularly with the multi-channel midi.  For instance I want to record a 12 bar song and have it repeat 4 times like a standard blues tune.  Can I record the changes into the chord looper and then play it while recording and have it repeat the 4 times?  Or do I have to play chords into the accompaniment while recording?

Also is there a way to quantize the chord looper.  I saw one video where the person said you have to hit the chord just a little before the beat but I find it changes the chord a little bit before the beat if I do that at least it seems that way.

Thanks

Offline ckobu

Re: Chord Looper question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 08:54:59 AM »
Hi Bluesguy
You can record a Chord looper first and then use it for Multirecording. Watch the video.
https://youtu.be/-BljSgJEB6w
Slow down the tempo when recording a Chord Loop and you can speed it up later. There is no way to quantify chords in a keyboard.
regards, ckobu

Offline Bluesguy

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 06:34:43 PM »
YES thank you. I was figuring it out and what I was missing was arming the chord looper play button. Did a little progression for a song and was able to get it recorded.  Then took the next step with the step editor an corrected a chord mistake!

Baby steps

Offline nbrudnicki

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 06:45:20 PM »
Hi Bluesguy...any chance you could explain the step editor process on how you corrected a chord mistake? I can’t seem to figure it out. Thank you...

Offline Bluesguy

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 10:57:12 PM »
It was when going into the chorus and I hit an Em instead of the Dm one touch.  I'm not at the SXC900 right now but I entered the edit mode and step edit from the song menu.  I hit play and the steps scrolled as it play and when it came to that chord I hit pause (not the square stop button) scrolled back a couple of lines and there it was, it was about 24 measures in, highlighted the note by touching and then I think I scrolled the wheel and got the Dm.  This wasn't a serious recording just a "trial" and in the bridge I got distracted where I was and actually recorded an extra line.  I played back and noted the measures, went to the editor and using multi button highlighted all those lines and deleted. Then saved and played back with correct chord. Came out seamless with the extra line gone. 

One of those once you see how it's done it's pretty easy to do.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:59:40 PM by Bluesguy »

Offline nbrudnicki

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 12:39:46 AM »
Thank you. I’ll take a look at it again.