Author Topic: Live Control and Pedal settings - PSR-SX700  (Read 853 times)

Offline Rainer

Live Control and Pedal settings - PSR-SX700
« on: July 02, 2023, 03:28:33 PM »
Hi

I have owned my PSR sx 700 for for 6 month or so and not been able to resolve an ongoing problem
This has to do with the settings of the Live control buttons and Pedal functions.
After setting these up to suit  I can play the Keyboard using the Yamaha  on board styles and the setings for the above remain the same
However when I load other style files from the bonus pack sent on a USB stick by the supplyer,  the pedal and the live control functions revert to the default setting.

I assume that the style files contain a comand (sysex?) which causes  the reset.  I seemto have read somewhere with the the program by Murray Best one can strip out that command using a batch file procedure but have been unable to find this function.
If anybody can help it would be great as it has been driving me nuts to keep resetting those parameters.

Using the memory function for each of thos files of which there are many is too time consuming and tedious.
Regards
Roy

Edit 2023-07-02 by overover: Topic title improved
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 04:13:52 PM by overover »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Live Control and Pedal settings - PSR-SX700
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 05:12:37 PM »
I have owned my PSR sx 700 for for 6 month or so and not been able to resolve an ongoing problem
This has to do with the settings of the Live control buttons and Pedal functions.
After setting these up to suit  I can play the Keyboard using the Yamaha  on board styles and the setings for the above remain the same
However when I load other style files from the bonus pack sent on a USB stick by the supplyer,  the pedal and the live control functions revert to the default setting.

I assume that the style files contain a comand (sysex?) which causes  the reset.  I seemto have read somewhere with the the program by Murray Best one can strip out that command using a batch file procedure but have been unable to find this function.
If anybody can help it would be great as it has been driving me nuts to keep resetting those parameters.

Using the memory function for each of thos files of which there are many is too time consuming and tedious.

We need to know if you're using registrations, and if so, where.

A registration can change the pedal and live control settings, but a style cannot.

Another possibility -- are you actually loading a style from the bonus pack, or are you using the Playlist? Playlists use registrations, so they can change your pedal/live control settings.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Rainer

Re: Live Control and Pedal settings - PSR-SX700
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 12:40:03 PM »
Fred Thanks for you reply ,
I have not been able to log in to the site  because of issues with my IP address being seen as as a invalid or possible source of spam so my Son tells me. Address has now changed and I was not rejected so here I am. I will check  you suggestions  and get back to you soon.
Regards
Rainer