Author Topic: Greetings from South Africa  (Read 2733 times)

Offline sm-sx700

Greetings from South Africa
« on: September 08, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
Good day Yamaha Owners,

Its amazing 30 years ago i was using a
Floppy on a keyboard, and recently after purchasing the sx700, keyboards are much more that even the manual doesnt help (lol),

Glad to be a part of this forum, although i dont think
I can be much help, i know that this forum is going to assist me greatly,

There has been some great work done by some members on the styles section( im a style person),
I would like to take the time to thank them, its hard work converting styles and is a blessing to guys like myself,

Thank u all
Regards

Offline Toril S

Re: Greetings from South Africa
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:18:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum😀 This is the right place to be. So many helpful people here. I actually still have my PSR 2100, that has a floppy disk drive. But I have newer keyboards for daily use now😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 11:49:51 AM »
Hi sm-sx700,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your PSR-SX700 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 85,000 plus song titles in 2,482 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline sm-sx700

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »
Thank u so much,

I will look into all your links, however i must say this forum is more than i expected and im still learning
my way through,

Really looking forward to it,

thanks again
keep well

Offline Kobus

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 04:15:16 AM »
Welcome, it is a great place to be, the guys realy unlocked my arranger and just fun to browse the site.
Regards
Kobus
Kest, my acronym

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 08:55:12 PM »
Hi  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: sm-sx700

Offline dlepera

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 04:51:48 PM »
Welcome.  You made a very good choice joining.  I too have recently purchased an SX700 and jumping from a non arranger keyboard was really over whelming at first. In fact I spent more time reading the manual and viewing utube. Manual was so,so. Utube a big help but could not answer my questions.  Yamaha Canada was ok but their solution to most things was to read the manual and reset the keyboard.
  It was not until I found this website and starting navigating in it that I saw the light and got an understanding of what the features and functions on this keyboard are about.  Mind you I have a lot to explore and learn, but this FORM, wow, really addressed a couple big issues for me(simple to them), which crippled my ability to enjoy the SX700. Now, I am opening new doors and playing at a higher level that I never thought possible. Consider this like a family visit with everyone willing to communicate and help when ever you want and need it.  People here are "GREAT" and all willing to help and to answer questions with great depth and accuracy as required. 
   Enjoy, and I really suggest that you purchase one or more of the Packages being offered.  I got Style Packages #12 & 14 and they contain some fantastic stuff well worth installing on your keyboard and quickly helps accelerate the use and functionality of your keyboard.
    Regards dom
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:56:20 PM by dlepera »
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

tyros5psr

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 12:07:02 PM »
welcome sm sx700, Dom is right, my predecessor, you can buy here lots of cheap and personalized styles moreover it helps the forum, I bought and very happy, what a job,
good music good day
clotpat