PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Registration Memory on PSR e373

(1/3) > >>

flailman:
When I save a registration, do I forfeit the info currently stored there?  It appears the S.Lite articulation stuff is stored there already.  I don't want to lose these effects. They are pretty cool.

Normanfernandez:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/629717.pdf

Please check page 45 for the Factory Registration.

Yes you'll have to overwrite the settings if you want to store your settings.

Norman.

flailman:
Thanks! That's what  I thought would happen. I really like experimenting with what the factory put there so don't want to delete until I am sure I will not use them.  I also presume once gone, they are gone forever?

SciNote:
I have no direct experience with the new PSR-E373, but as I understand it, the S.Art Lite features are simply "hardwired" to particular pre-programmed sounds in the instrument, so that if you select one of those sounds, you can use the S.Art Lite button to activate that feature/sound-enhancement for that particular sound.  In that case, there would be no way to erase those features, as they are permanently factory preset, likely in ROM.

The registrations are a different matter.  The registrations allow you to take most of the major settings that you can do with this keyboard, such as dual and split voice selections, added reverb and chorus enhancements, and background style settings, and then save them as a preset to a registration.  That way, any time you want that combination of sounds and style, you can simply hit one or two buttons to call up that registration with those settings, instead of having to manually set all of those parameters on the control panel each time.  Keep in mind, however, that this keyboard only has (I believe) 9 registrations that you can store.

Now, yes, if there was already a set of parameters stored in one of the registrations, and then you store something else in that registration, then the original settings are gone forever.  If there are special factory preset registrations (as opposed to just all of the factory preset registrations being some sort of basic default, like just a piano sound, for example), then yes, they will also disappear when you store new information (your own registration parameters) in those registrations.  However, doing a factory reset on the keyboard may bring back whatever was the factory default settings for those registrations -- and of course, erase whatever settings you may have stored there.

But, to the best of my understanding of this keyboard, nothing you do will alter the S.Art. Lite capabilities of the sounds that have that feature programmed with them, as they are tied to the individual pre-programed sounds, not to the registrations.

flailman:
Thanks! I think I will try to kick this one to Yamaha themselves as I spend a fair amount of time trying to "compose" a set of values and would like to save those other than in a notebook, but the S,Art Lite sounds are really intriguing and a challenge for an arranger to work them into an arrangement.  I did see on page 46 that  doing a Backup Clear operation will restore to factory settings, so you must be right, they are hard programmed in there somewhere.  I think Yamaha is giving us rookies a little taste of this feature in this entry level machine so we start thinking about what's possible with the higher level machines they have.  I will post again if Yamaha shares anything we missed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version