Author Topic: a performance saving problem  (Read 2536 times)

Offline chuckeys123

a performance saving problem
« on: January 30, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »
Cant figure it out. I create a performance where I use a midi background. I select it and play. But as soon as the midi stops it changes the volumes of voices 1 and 2. Any ideas? Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Re: a performance saving problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »
Cant figure it out. I create a performance where I use a midi background. I select it and play. But as soon as the midi stops it changes the volumes of voices 1 and 2. Any ideas? Thanks

How do you create the "performance"? Is it a registration?

Do you see the volume levels actually change? Or, could it be they just sound louder with the midi off?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline chuckeys123

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 03:03:20 PM »
it is a registration. midi and front panel setup saved to a location. I play along with the midi. At the end of the midi the front panel voice 1 and voice 2  definitely and visibly change volumes. This affects me because sometimes a create a small midi, like the violin solo in dust in the wind. I play the solo guitar, and when the violin comes in I start the midi. Therefore I continue to play the song after the midi finishes, and the volume jumps. If I played the midi to the end of the song it wouldnt really matter.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 03:15:24 PM »
The first thing you should check fir is Keyboard Voice events in your midi file. They can change the volume of panel voices.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons