Author Topic: psr s970 startup issue  (Read 10644 times)

Offline imzain786

psr s970 startup issue
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:37:33 AM »
Hi everyone,
from yesterday i am facing a startup issue on my psr s970, when its power ON, stuck on yamaha logo for long time.
after 2 or 3 time try to start, then suddenly starts normal .

regards
zain

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline mikf

Re: psr s970 startup issue
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:24:33 AM »
You might want to try a system re set.
Mike

Offline imzain786

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:21:45 AM »
i can't reset my board. because of i have not backup of my installed expansions packs :/ :-\ :'(

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 12:38:58 PM »
This is correct as when you switch on it takes a few seconds to make sure everything is ready and then the home page will pop up. Mine has always dome this. Genos works the same.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 01:28:47 PM »
Sounds like it is not always booting up properly if it takes 3 tries.

I would suspect a hardware fault. You may find that one day it just doesn't start at all, and may need to go to hospital :(
Genos

Offline imzain786

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 08:51:52 PM »
Is there any way to diagnose or troubleshooting the issue by self?
I already test hardware from the setting..by using hardware test mode.
All thing is oky.
But still facing startup issue...it is not start on 1st attempt.
😥🤔

Offline AlBags

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »

If there are any devices plugged .. ESPECIALLY USB, disconnect them and try again.
ALL devices!

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 10:26:40 PM »
First thing, first.

When it does finally boot (even after 2 or 3 attempts), back up everything now!

Until a component fails for good and the unit doesn't pass self-test, This is a difficult problem to diagnose.

Please, back up your data immediately.

Wish you the best -- pj

Online overover

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 02:47:17 AM »
i can't reset my board. because of i have not backup of my installed expansions packs :/ :-\ :'(

Hi Zain,

it is NOT possible to backup the installed Expansion Packs from the PSR. But you should have your Packs (.ppf/.cpf format) on the PC (and preferably on external media) and usually also in YEM.

But you should backup your System settings and the User drive by using the internal BACKUP feature.

A normal System Reset (by holding down the rightmost C key while powering on the PSR) does NOT delete your installed Expansion Packs. But probably such a System Reset will not solve the problem definitively.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 02:49:31 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 11:08:43 AM »
When I turn on my 970 it shows the Yamaha Sign. At around 10 seconds the page with my name comes up and then you will hear a click and the home page comes up and you are ready to play. About 20 seconds in all and this is perfectly normal for this keyboard. How long are you waiting before you switch in on and off which is not a good thing to do.

Offline imzain786

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 02:23:44 PM »
When I turn on my 970 it shows the Yamaha Sign. and still hang on this screen for long time, i wait 1 minute  or more, but still stuck on this screen in 1st attempt . then i turn off and unplug then power, then try 2nd attempt ( same issue) . after try 4 to 5 times try ,its start normal At around 10 seconds yamaha sign then the page with my name comes up and then hear a click sound and the home page comes up and  ready to play. About 20 seconds in all and this is perfectly normal.

i am facing this issue last two days :/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 02:28:00 PM by imzain786 »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »
Do you have a USB drive plugged in at the time? If so, try removing it and see if the problem persists. And, you can do a System Reset without loosing your settings and data. Merely hold down the rightmost white key while powering up. The only thing you will loose is your fingering mode, which can easily be restored.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline imzain786

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »
i checked both of ways, with usb plug and without usb plug.. still same situation :/

i will try to do system reset today. but i don't want to lost my any data which is installed on my board. because i haven't my .ppi/.ppf file of my expansions. and also i can't copy any thing on my expansions files and styles on usb :/

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 03:22:01 PM »
The one thing you should always do is keep a copy of your expansion packs as a back up so that if it goes wrong and has to be replaced you can always reload them.

Offline imzain786

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »
yes brother you are right, but suddenly , unexpected lost my laptop data, my all hard-work was lost due to HDD dead :-\ . that's why i haven't  my customized expansions backup file, which is installed  :'( and this expansion is most important for me at any cost. because it taken time 4 to 5 months to create my this pack.

Offline imzain786

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »
i try to only system reset from the system utility option but nothing happened and found nothing any changes in keyboard. like owner names etc. no any changes.

Online overover

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 05:34:59 AM »
i try to only system reset from the system utility option but nothing happened and found nothing any changes in keyboard. like owner names etc. no any changes.

Hi Zain,

some parameters can NOT be reset with a System Reset or Factory Reset: Please refer to "Parameter Chart" in S970 Data List book, pages 75 - 84 (rightmost column "Note").

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline imzain786

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »
Dear friends,
i hope all are fine. i am facing this hanging issue since last night,  after a long time. i can't troubleshoot this issue. why stuck on startup yamaha logo  :-[ :(

regards
zain 

poorguyac

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 02:11:36 AM »
my friend 970 had the same issue. Is there any suggestion what to look for or what's caused the issue? Thank you everyone