Author Topic: Custom made intros  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Ingar

Custom made intros
« on: January 29, 2021, 07:39:55 PM »
How do I make my own intros in styles?

Ingar

Offline mikf

Re: Custom made intros
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 08:48:43 PM »
You do it in style creator. Start very simple because it’s not easy.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Ingar

Offline Ingar

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 09:18:16 PM »
You do it in style creator. Start very simple because it’s not easy.
Mike
Ok I`ll give it go  ;D

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:37:46 PM »
You can find some tips on style creation including intros in the lessons section of this site.
Very simple intros or modifications of existing intros are not too difficult but anything a bit more complicated is not easy. The intro, like all style parts have to be recorded in C, but more complicated intros may have chord changes within them, this all gets quite hard to figure out. You will have a lot of trial and error.
Not that many people get deeply into this, and those who do mostly stick with modifying existing styles. I expect that the professional style developers have software tools we don't have access to in making styles on the keyboard.
Good luck !!
Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 09:43:02 PM »
Hi Ingar,

I suggest to read the chapter "Creating / Editing Styles (Style Creator)" in the Genos Reference Manual (starting from page 19) first.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online ckobu

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 12:04:47 AM »
Here are a few examples of how to create an INTRO in a keyboard.

Creating INTRO parts for a specific break in song
https://youtu.be/cMPbcYWV4eE
Create own Intro of Style for specific song
https://youtu.be/9j-yAjRIacc
Copy Intro from one Style to another
https://youtu.be/Aye3XXEh0ZY

When I need something more complex, I use a combination of multiple programs. No specialized software required.
Editing Yamaha Style on a PC
https://youtu.be/PM3htJysPmQ
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 01:24:17 PM »
The second video is interesting. I have never tried to creat an intro except on the keyboard which can be tricky. The method shown here seems very effective, much better for complicated intros than on the keyboard. And probably similar to how Yamaha professional style programmers work. But a bit intimidating for people who may not be as comfortable as the demonstrator with using multiple programs.
The MixMaster program was interesting because it also seems like a good way to make a final mix on a multi track midi recording. This  cannot be done on any Yamaha arranger keyboard at the moment, something I feel is a major omission, because the basic workflow for a multi track arrangement should be  - arrange and record the multi track midi - do final mix/edit on the midi - transfer to audio recording.
Mike

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »
Subsidiary question - does MixMaster work on Apple OS or only Windows
Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 02:07:17 PM »
Subsidiary question - does MixMaster work on Apple OS or only Windows
Mike

Hi Mike,

MixMaster only works on Windows. But you can also install and run Windows on a Mac (using Boot Camp or in a virtual Windows machine running in an app like Parallels, Virtual Box, etc.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)