Author Topic: SX error message on the screen !!  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Simone1972

SX error message on the screen !!
« on: January 28, 2021, 06:41:19 PM »
Dear all,
today a terrible message popped up during recording audio files - attached -
It looks like the keyboard is back on track after rebooting, but I am a little concerned.

Did anybody come through the same issue?

Regards

[attachment deleted by admin]

andorra

Re: SX error message on the screen !!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:18:59 PM »
There is a suspicion. Try format the user memory. Utility/Storage/User/Format

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 07:52:21 PM »
What does the message say? I don't see the letters. Usually messages that appear while recording audio are because the USB stisck is not able to keep up with the speed of the recording. In that case, try another stick It is also recommanded that you do not keep other files on the stick.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 08:10:59 PM »
What does the message say? I don't see the letters. Usually messages that appear while recording audio are because the USB stisck is not able to keep up with the speed of the recording. In that case, try another stick It is also recommanded that you do not keep other files on the stick.
Hi Toril,

the text of this System message (a "blue screen" in front of the Audio Quick Recording display) is: "Unexpected error! Turn the power off and on again."

@Simone1972
Did you set the internal user drive or the connected USB stick as the recording target?

If you recorded on a USB stick, formatting the internal user drive shouldn't help. (In addition, all user data stored in it would then be deleted!) Instead, I would reformat the USB stick (or try another stick).

I recommend to contact the Yamaha Support in this case. (Give them your picture of the error message.)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline YvonP

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 08:42:48 PM »
Hi Simone1972,

On your screen, I can see you were saving your recording to USB1; please make sure that your USB flash drive is on the list of compatible devices.

You will find it on Yamaha’s site, on the page of the PSR-SX900, under “downloads”, in the “other downloads” box.

One thing I noticed: no USB drive on this list is bigger than 32Gb; how big is yours? It may be oversized, then your keyboard can’t handle it?

One thing is difficult with my suggestion, even two: 1-the model is printed very small on it, 2- on my drives, the model code is not exactly written the same way. ( SDCZ73-032G-G46 on the list and packaging, MSIP-REM-TAD-SDCZ73 on the device... )

Regards,

Yvon

Offline Simone1972

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 09:34:33 PM »
Thank you all for the good advices.
The usb stick seems to be the root cause, much better than a keyboard hardware fault....

I'm using a usb cable extension and this can contribute as well.

Once the recording will be completed, I will share it (and given my limited vocal skills it could not be pleasant..).

Regards

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
Hi Simone,

it never hurts to try different USB sticks. Basically, almost all sticks work on Yamaha keyboards, and many users also use relatively large sticks without problems (e.g. 64 or 128 GB). But I think 32GB is enough for most uses. ;)

Yamaha can never test all available USB sticks, and of course it is good to use a stick listed in the "Compatible USB Device List". But this is not absolutely necessary.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:59:48 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 10:35:23 PM »
I use Kingston USB sticks, and they work well. You can also use USB 3.0 sticks. The keyboard will not read them any faster, but your computer will!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 08:36:42 AM »
Hey!
I have the same problem in Genos, contacted Yamaha 1 year ago,
but nothing happens, my recordings hack and cut and sound distortion bit by bit, so I have stopped recording on Genos.
Hope Genos 2 gets better.
// Pierre

Here is my previous post on the subject

Re: Yamaha Genos V2.02 - Bugs, Problems And some shortcomings
« Reply #46 on: 2020-06-07, 09:08:22 »

Hey!
Here is one of my problems.
Tried to record on Genos but found a new one.
I have problem with the Genos AUDIO-MULTI recorder.
Have 3 files here Apache where there is an error at 50 seconds in, where speed increases
and in Dance on there is asynchronization at the end of the file as well as Kära Syster chops it to a bit into.
I have contacted Yamaha about this so hopefully they will correct this in the future
so you can record directly in Genos.

https://app.box.com/s/mae2x3f59mcka7cqg1us8v1xoaw2gpfj   
https://app.box.com/s/rqtgfw4hd4m5x8uzpszvlc18jnkoxsax     
https://app.box.com/s/co7mtry68iuwx7uw2fhte7swc14zs7z7

Greetings Pierre
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:55:54 AM by PierreSW »
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 04:39:33 PM »
I've been using a PNY 32GB usb stick with an extension cable. So far no problems recording audio.
Sometimes I record directly from the SX-900 to my PC via programs like Acoustica Mixcraft, or Audacity.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline beginpsrsx900

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 11:59:03 PM »
Hello
Today, I played a cdg and I looked to modify the vocal effects and well it gave me this blockage and this screen .... $% ^ # $%
PSR SX900, PA1000, 2x FCB 1010, BCF2000, NANO PAD, NANO KONTROL, Micro, ETC, ETC

Offline Simone1972

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 05:33:30 PM »
After replacing the USB stick, I've gone through the first vocal experiment.
I'm not really familiar with the vocal harmony, I think the learning curve is pretty steep....

Regards

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvARkGD2bkFchNFJyx1IgvHAagBz-A?e=EGUplu