Author Topic: Midi Designer Pro on IPad using with PSR-SX900  (Read 2014 times)

Offline klaplante

Midi Designer Pro on IPad using with PSR-SX900
« on: February 27, 2021, 03:04:35 PM »
Hi All,

I have got this setup working.  Midi Designer Pro on IPad using with PSR-SX900.  I have some sliders and knobs working.  One thing I'm having trouble with is I created a button and assigned Sysex code to use to select a Registration file.  When I run the program.  I can see the file being selected on the SX900.  However it does not activate.  I then need to press on the SX900 physical screen on the selected registration.  Then I can see the registrations light up on the keyboard.  Is there a way for Midi Designer Pro to activate the button so that the file is selected and loaded.  Have I asked this correctly? Does that make sense?

Kind regards,
Ken

Offline ckobu

Re: Midi Designer Pro on IPad using with PSR-SX900
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 03:10:05 PM »
Watch the video from this section, I have precisely described how you can call registrations through MIDI designers. If something is not clear to you, feel free to ask. Include English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/vuf0vhejjKE?t=454
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 03:16:13 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline klaplante

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 06:07:45 PM »
Hi Casper, 

Yes I do get just what you have shown.  However once the registration is selected on the sx900 screen it is not activated on the keyboard.  Meaning if I press Registration number 1 in the registration bank it is from the previous registration bank.  Once I select the registration on the keyboard physically,  then it engages the registration fully and then I can use the numbers 1-8 on the keyboard.   So I have been able to do what you have shown,  just not getting the registration file to fully engage unless I press it on the SX900.    does that make sense.  I have a three registrations programmed and they are doing the same thing.   Midi Designer pro is selecting the correct registration bank.  when I press registration number 1 on the keyboard it is from the previous registration bank.

I made a video hopefully this will help explain the issue.

https://youtu.be/JbRnqzwEmPc

Kind regards,
Ken
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:42:07 PM by klaplante »

Offline klaplante

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 02:51:44 AM »
Hi Casper,

I’m beginning to think that the SX 900 works differently than the Genos. When I follow your steps.  Everything works up to the point of reg bank selection.  The sx900 is not doing the same thing as the genos.   The bank is selected on the sx900 but not fully.  in appearance only.  On the genos I can see the lights on the reg bank change. That is not happening on the sx900 because the reg file is not activated.    Not sure how else to explain this.

Ken

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 10:45:15 AM »
Hi Ken,

the same problem sometimes occurs with me on Genos. I don't think it has to do with the keyboard, I mean that MIDI designer does not send proper / complete control. However, when this happens and if I double-tap the iPad screen, the Bank is activated. I have noticed that this problem occurs more often if two Banks are in the same folder. If the Banks are in different folders, then this is not happening. It seems so to me but I can’t claim it because I don’t use the iPad and this connection often. In a live performance, I choose everything directly on the keyboard.

regards, casper
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: klaplante

Offline klaplante

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 12:23:10 PM »
Thank you Casper.  This is a good to know.  Thank you much for your help on this.

Ken