Author Topic: Problem with paid packs on yamaha music soft  (Read 5465 times)

Mike

Problem with paid packs on yamaha music soft
« on: January 26, 2021, 10:17:52 PM »
I have many paid packs. I spend a lot of money. After downloading the packs and unpacking, I get the * .sme format. Yem doesn't read them. What is going on? Yem does not want to import the old version of these pack designs either because he gets a message about the wrong Id and password. I certainly did not change my password and login. This data is easily logged into yamaha music soft. Unfortunately, YEM does not accept this login and password. What is going on?

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline EileenL

Re: Problem with paid packs on yamaha music soft
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 10:58:56 PM »
Try importing your keyboard ID No again into YEM. are you using the latest version

Offline Colin D

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 08:23:44 AM »
I have many paid packs. I spend a lot of money. After downloading the packs and unpacking, I get the * .sme format. Yem doesn't read them. What is going on? Yem does not want to import the old version of these pack designs either because he gets a message about the wrong Id and password. I certainly did not change my password and login. This data is easily logged into yamaha music soft. Unfortunately, YEM does not accept this login and password. What is going on?

I too had the same problem, the free packs don’t have the same information in them too,
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Mike

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »
And what did u do to solve this problem?

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 09:43:28 PM »
Hi Mike,

if you downloaded these Free Packs (which contain .sme files after unzipping) some time ago, I recommend that you download ALL the Packs you want for your keyboard model again from the following page:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

Many of these "now free" Packs were incorrect in the version originally uploaded by Yamaha, and some of them also contained these .sme files (which is obviously a Yamaha internal format that was / is not intended for the public). But the Packs that you can currently download for free are all ok as far as I know.

If you still have problems with the YEM when using previously purchased Yamaha Packs, I recommend that you open the "Account.ini" file in the YEM user folder in a text editor and check which email address is there is registered.

In Windows you can find the "Account.ini" here:
"C: \ Users \ <your username> \ AppData \ Local \ Yamaha \ Expansion Manager \"

You could also move this file to another location for testing purposes (or rename it, e.g. to "Account.ini OLD").

If the problem persists, I recommend to contact the Yamaha MusicSoft Support. It may have something to do with the transfer of your "old" account to the "new" MusicSoft site.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:48:33 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Mike

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »
Hi Mike,

if you downloaded these Free Packs (which contain .sme files after unzipping) some time ago, I recommend that you download ALL the Packs you want for your keyboard model again from the following page:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

Many of these "now free" Packs were incorrect in the version originally uploaded by Yamaha, and some of them also contained these .sme files (which is obviously a Yamaha internal format that was / is not intended for the public). But the Packs that you can currently download for free are all ok as far as I know.

If you still have problems with the YEM when using previously purchased Yamaha Packs, I recommend that you open the "Account.ini" file in the YEM user folder in a text editor and check which email address is there is registered.

In Windows you can find the "Account.ini" here:
"C: \ Users \ <your username> \ AppData \ Local \ Yamaha \ Expansion Manager \"

You could also move this file to another location for testing purposes (or rename it, e.g. to "Account.ini OLD").

If the problem persists, I recommend to contact the Yamaha MusicSoft Support. It may have something to do with the transfer of your "old" account to the "new" MusicSoft site.

Best regards,
Chris

Oh my God, Chris
I wrote in the first post that I mean paid files, not free ones. I bought many kapro, midipirates etc on yamaha music soft. Now I can't import them. Changing the account.ini name did not help. There is still a problem with importing packs

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 11:07:31 PM »
Oh my God, Chris
I wrote in the first post that I mean paid files, not free ones. I bought many kapro, midipirates etc on yamaha music soft. Now I can't import them. Changing the account.ini name did not help. There is still a problem with importing packs

Hi Mike,

as you wrote in your first post that you have received Packs in the .sme format ...
I have many paid packs. I spend a lot of money. After downloading the packs and unpacking, I get the * .sme format. Yem doesn't read them. ...
... I thought it was the "now free" Packs. So far I only knew that THESE Packs had the problem with the .sme files.

If I understand you correctly, you have downloaded the Packs you previously purchased from your Yamaha Account AGAIN (?)

(This is the only way to explain that the downloaded zip files suddenly contain .sme files.) Do you no longer have the originally downloaded files of your Packs purchased from Yamaha MusicSoft on your computer? These must be .cpf files.

Well, I think we won't be able to solve this problem satisfactorily here in the forum. If you have not already done so, you should therefore, as already mentioned, contact Yamaha support.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 12:49:32 AM »
If I understand you correctly, you have downloaded the Packs you previously purchased from your Yamaha Account AGAIN (?)
yes
(This is the only way to explain that the downloaded zip files suddenly contain .sme files.) Do you no longer have the originally downloaded files of your Packs purchased from Yamaha MusicSoft on your computer? These must be .cpf files.
Yes i have originally files in cpf. Like I said I get message with invalid ID and password.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 02:35:24 AM »
Thanks for clarification, Mike!

The problem that for some reason the YEM suddenly asked you to re-enter the MusicSoft login data existed several years ago. This is of course extremely annoying for the user concerned.

Here in Germany we solved the problem several times (in connection with Yamaha MusicSoft Europe accounts) by deleting or renaming the entire YEM user folder (in which the "Account.ini" is located). In addition, the email address registered with Yamaha should be checked (which you will have to re-enter into the YEM later). Important: The PASSWORD used should not contain any special characters, i.e. only uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers should be used. If in doubt, I recommend changing the Yamaha account password. Even if it worked EARLIER, there could be problems NOW (because the complete MusicSoft page including the databases have changed).

Of course, a working Internet connection is required, and YEM must not blocked by the firewall of the computer.

Otherwise only Yamaha can help.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:39:28 AM by overover »

Mike

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 09:29:42 PM »
yamaha is silent all the time.  the problem is not resolved.  I am very embarrassed about customer service

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 10:38:12 PM »
yamaha is silent all the time.  the problem is not resolved.  I am very embarrassed about customer service

Hi Mike,

it is a shame to hear this.

Here in Germany, we can also simply contact the Yamaha Support by phone in such urgent cases. Unfortunately, I don't know how it is in other countries.

However, since the redesign of Yamaha MusicSoft, as far as I know, only Yamaha USA is responsible for the download shop. But at least we have a first point of contact with Yamaha Germany, because you can also call by phone them as mentioned.

Best regards,
Chris

Mike

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 11:24:14 PM »
I got email from Yamaha Support
////////
Hi Michal,

I apologize for the delay.  We were checking with our team to see if there is anything we can do to provide downloads for these packs.  Unfortunately we don't currently have 3rd party packs available for download. 

We'd recommend reaching out to the 3rd party company that created the packs.  It looks like most of the packs you mentioned are from Easy Sounds (https://easysoundsshop.de/).  You can view their shop to see which packs they have available.

Please try reaching out to them to see if they are able to provide the downloads for the packs that you've purchased.  This is their contact email: service@easysoundsshop.de 

You should be able to forward them screenshots from your order history to show that you already paid for the packs through Yamaha.

Kind Regards,
Thomas
//////

it's crazy. I also paid for a singers studio from otonosekai. The Otonosekai website redirects you to the Yamaha Music Soft website. There is a very unprofessional approach on the part of yamaha. They took money for floats that stopped working. In a word, I was robbed. I am in great shock. I did not expect that.

Offline t4inbax

• Yamaha PSR 500M, 620, 7000, 8000, T4, Genos
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 09:15:14 PM »
I can't unzip the music soft files! I keep getting error messages from WINZIP software and it even closes! Is their another unzip s/w I should be using? Thanks for help!

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 11:53:09 PM »
I can't unzip the music soft files! I keep getting error messages from WINZIP software and it even closes! Is their another unzip s/w I should be using? Thanks for help!

Hi t4inbax,

maybe you are not using a current version of WinZip.

I recommend to use "7-Zip" (version "19.00" or "21.01 alpha"):
>>> https://www.7-zip.org/

Best regards,
Chris

Offline t4inbax

• Yamaha PSR 500M, 620, 7000, 8000, T4, Genos
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 05:22:14 PM »

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the latest version of WINZIP before trying to unzip the files.

Offline overover

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the latest version of WINZIP before trying to unzip the files.

Hi t4inbax,

if the problem persists with WinZip, I recommend using 7-Zip, as mentioned.

If this also does not work, probably the downloaded file(s) is/are defective. I would then download the file(s) from the Yamaha site again.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 06:02:48 PM by overover »