Author Topic: Bluetooth and/or C Port with Mobile Sheets Pro  (Read 1627 times)

Offline LaHawk

Bluetooth and/or C Port with Mobile Sheets Pro
« on: January 26, 2021, 06:25:19 PM »
 Long Shot question, but I'll ask anyway. 

Is there a way to connect Mobile Sheets Pro on a 10" Fire Tablet to an SX-900 via Bluetooth, to associate keyboard Registrations with songs on Mobile Sheets Pro?

The Fire Tablet does not have a standard USB port, rather only a C port that is used for charging the tablet. Could I hook up directly to the SX-900 USB Host, via that lone C Port?  Has anyone tried a C connection to a USB connection cable for this purpose?

Thanks
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

janamdo

Re: Bluetooth and/or C Port with Mobile Sheets Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 06:51:29 PM »
Hi
Its working great mobilsheets pro on psr sx 600 with a usb cable and also for psr sx700.
In mobilsheets pro : the genos option can be used ( or has the developer added now as option sx600 and sx700 also too? )

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57660.msg448299.html#msg448299

Hopefully you can figure out this post

Jan
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:52:47 PM by janamdo »

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 08:22:26 PM »
Thanks

FYI
Mobile Sheets Pro was purchased and downloaded from the Amazon Store, so yes it's installed and setup on my Fire Tablet. (I also modified the Fire to allow for Google Play apps to be installed)

Anyway, I was just curious if I could use the C port from the Fire Tablet to the USB Host on the SX-900 to control Mobile Sheets Songs and SX-900 Registrations.  I might just have to purchase the cable or adapter to find out :) 

Regards

Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 11:59:36 PM »
Hi Larry,

I don't know if a "USB type B to USB C" cable would work in your case. But as far as I know, a so-called "OTG cable" is normally used on Andoid devices for this purpose. This is an adapter cable with a suitable USB plug for the Android device on one side (in your case USB C) and a USB type A socket on the other. You can use a normal "USB type AB" cable to connect to the USB-to-host socket on the keyboard.

Note: The OTG function may first have to be activated in the settings of the Android device.

>>> https://gembird.com/item.aspx?id=9754

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 01:03:48 AM »
Thanks Chris, I'm going to give that adapter cable a try. 
I may  purchase a used Samsung Chromebook Plus, a 12" 360, with a 3:2 Display, they say is perfect for displaying sheet music.

Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings