Author Topic: Trying out the free packs from Yamaha on SX600  (Read 1892 times)

janamdo

Trying out the free packs from Yamaha on SX600
« on: January 26, 2021, 06:09:42 PM »
Got the idea to collect all free packs and save them as a one pack install file
But with 100 mb userdrive i got already with two packs a warning

When i make a save as : save as pack install file then this must be loaded in the userdrive to install the pack on keyboard.
So i must try to load from usb stick all packs ..no its not possiible to use a pack directly from usb.

Seems that i can load one pack at a time .. load another pack ( what destroys another installed pack)       
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:44:55 PM by janamdo »

Offline overover

Re: Trying out the free packs from Yamaha on SX600
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 06:48:26 PM »
What is your question here, Jan?

A Pack Install file can only contain content up to the maximum available size of the Expansion Wave memory of your keyboard. For example, the Genos has 3 GB of Expansion Memory, but with the SX600 you have to live with about 100 MB...

P.S.
If desired, you could of course make several different Pack Install files (using different file names) on the USB stick. But you can only install ONE of these files at a time. (When installing another Pack Install file all previous installed Expansion content is automatically DELETED from the keyboard.)

And of course you can deselect unneeded content of several Packs in YEM, so that the overall needed size is below the maximum possible size for your keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:59:36 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

janamdo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 08:06:07 PM »
What is your question here, Jan?

A Pack Install file can only contain content up to the maximum available size of the Expansion Wave memory of your keyboard. For example, the Genos has 3 GB of Expansion Memory, but with the SX600 you have to live with about 100 MB...

P.S.
If desired, you could of course make several different Pack Install files (using different file names) on the USB stick. But you can only install ONE of these files at a time. (When installing another Pack Install file all previous installed Expansion content is automatically DELETED from the keyboard.)

And of course you can deselect unneeded content of several Packs in YEM, so that the overall needed size is below the maximum possible size for your keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris
Thanks
Well your idea to deselect unneeded content can  be used to collect a own pack
I did install some packs on usb and listening to them
With the enclosed styles are some nice sounds included

I do want to make now my own sound, but could use some melody sounds from the packstyles
They are now loaded in usermemory.
How to collect the sounds separated from the styles and store them somewhere? 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 11:13:52 PM »
Pack voices are saved in the separate flash memory on the keyboard and are then accessed via the user drive by using the expansion button and selecting User.