Author Topic: Bugs in Voice Part Setup an Insertion Effect Assignments (SX900)?  (Read 1638 times)

Hi there,

I'm trying to load three different patches to my Right 1, Right 2 and Right 3 parts, but whenever I select a patch for Right 2 or Right 3 I notice that it gets copied to Right 1.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

• Turn ON the instrument (PSR SX900)
  • Open Voice Part Setup
  • Set "80sUnisonFifth" to Right 1, then push Exit button
  • Set "80sArnoldLead" to Right 2, the push Exit button

Now I got "80sArnoldLead" to Right 1 and Right 2. I proceed to:

• Set "80sUnisonFifth" to Right 1 again, then push Exit button
  • Set "80sPitchySaw" to Right 3, the push Exit button

Now I got "80sPitchySaw" to Right 1 and Right 3 parts, and have to take another step:

• Set "80sUnisonFifth" to Right 1 again, then push Exit button

I have now the three desired patches... but this seems a very buggy behavior to me.

Problem number 2: I'm still in the Voice Part Setup, and I notice that one or more of the Insertion Effects are turned OFF and there's no way to turn them ON. For example, the "80sPitchySaw" patch loaded into Right 3 has the Insertion Effect turned OFF ("Tempo Cross 2"), nothing happens when I try to turn it ON, no matter how many times I tap... I have to take extra following steps:

• Exit Voice Part Setup
  • Push the button Mixer/EQ
  • Tap on Effects from the menu on the left
  • Tap on Assign Part Setting button on the right
  • I change the Assign Part option of the Insertion Effect 3 to Right 3

Now all the Insertion Effects are turned ON. Note that for the last step, I had to tap multiple times in different places before it correctly takes my input. Weird...

Can anyone confirm all these bugs? My OS is version 1.05.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:48:41 AM by themiditamer »
MIDI and retro game music addicted. Yamaha PSR SX900, Yamaha QY100, Yamaha MU1000-Ex, Roland Sound Canvas SC88 Pro, Edirol SD90, Korg NS5r

Offline DerekA

Steps to reproduce the problem:

• Turn ON the instrument (PSR SX900)
  • Open Voice Part Setup
  • Set "80sUnisonFifth" to Right 1, then push Exit button
  • Set "80sArnoldLead" to Right 2, the push Exit button

Now I got "80sArnoldLead" to Right 1 and Right 2

What do you mean by 'open voice part setup'?

Press the 'Part Select' button for R1, select the voice, ensure that R1 on/off is lit
Don't press Exit
Press the 'Part Select' button for R2, select the voice, ensure that R2 on/off is lit
Don't need to press Exit
(Same for R3)

This should work - let us know if it doesn't

[attachment deleted by admin]
Genos

Offline overover

Hi themiditamer,

1)
you can open the Voice Selection display (where you can select the Voice to be loaded) in different ways. You do not necessarily use the "Voice Part Setup" display.

If you are in the Main display, just touch the desired keyboard Part (e.g. Right 1) to open the Voice Selection display FOR THIS PART. Then select the desired Voice and press "Exit" to return to the Main display. Then you can do the same procedure for another Part, e.g. Right 2.

Another method is to use the "PART SELECT" buttons (above the Part On/Off buttons), as mentioned by Derek before. Please refer also to the SX900 Owner's Manual, pages 26 and 48. (For information about the "Voice Part Setup" display refer to pages 32/33 in the Reference Manual.)

2)
When you are in "Voice Part Setup" display, you can call up the Insert Effect setting display by touching the name of the Insert Effect of the relevant part. Usually you don't have to go to the Mixer display beforehand.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 09:12:38 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Actually, using the Part Select buttons, everything works perfectly.

For some reason, I found the Voice Part Setup easy to use and DAW-like... must have decided to use that before anything else. I'm still wondering why it behaves so weirdly and different from the Part Select buttons if used to load patches.

Many thanks
MIDI and retro game music addicted. Yamaha PSR SX900, Yamaha QY100, Yamaha MU1000-Ex, Roland Sound Canvas SC88 Pro, Edirol SD90, Korg NS5r