Author Topic: Assigning the sustain pedal input per Right 1 voice  (Read 1333 times)

Offline jcook980

Assigning the sustain pedal input per Right 1 voice
« on: January 18, 2021, 09:26:27 PM »
Is there any way to set the sustain pedal input so it is always assigned to the rotary speaker speed when an Organ Flutes voice is selected as Right 1 and returns to sustain when any piano voice is selected?

Thanks!

Jim
---

Jim
PSR-SX900, Disklavier, QY-70, P-150

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Assigning the sustain pedal input per Right 1 voice
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 10:10:50 PM »
Is there any way to set the sustain pedal input so it is always assigned to the rotary speaker speed when an Organ Flutes voice is selected as Right 1 and returns to sustain when any piano voice is selected?

Yes. Use registrations. Create one for the rotary speaker, and one for your piano voice.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jcook980

Re: Assigning the sustain pedal input per Right 1 voice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 12:51:00 AM »
Thanks, Fred!

I knew I could do it that way. Just wondered if there was a way to assign that pedal input to each voice individually. It is so much easier to switch the rotary speaker speeds with the pedal rather than hunt for the switch above the joystick. But when I select a piano voice, I certainly don't want the rotary speaker.

It's kind of disappointing, but I completely understand why, the S.Art. organ rotary speakers don't wind up and down properly. The sudden jump in speed is not very realistic and the fast speed seems intolerably fast on these voices. On the Organ Flutes, it took me by surprise that the touch screen is not multi-touch capable and that you can't "grab a fist full of drawbars" to change more than one drawbar at a time.

Jim
---

Jim
PSR-SX900, Disklavier, QY-70, P-150