Author Topic: Creating a new song from scratch and then saving it properly..Help  (Read 1346 times)

John W

Good morning all… I purchased my new Yamaha PSR-SX900 a few months ago. I read the manuals and watched so many YouTube tutorials that my brain is ready to explode. Very depressing!

I'm still getting totally confused with making a song from scratch. Let's say I select my voices left and right 1,2,3. and I select my style. Then after that I would start adjusting parameters (volumes, effects, set-up variations A-D, save the registrations and the registration bank, etc.

Now the part that really confuses me. Do you make the final save as just a Registration with the proper ticks check off or also save the Style and Voices. I see both ways when watching different Tutorials.

Thank you in advance for any kind advice.
John W.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Offline DerekA

Re: Creating a new song from scratch and then saving it properly..Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 03:28:21 PM »
You have the choice.

If you think you'll use the same (tweaked) style again in another song, then save it as a standalone style.

If you've made custom voice tweaks you'd like to use again in another song, save them as custom voices.

If you think you'll use the combination of style/voice tweaks again, then save them into a registration.

But you don't *have* to do any of that if you're just recording a song in a single pass. Because the MIDI recorder will automatically store your style and voice tweaks as part of the MIDI data. The drawback to that is that if you reload the song, it may restore the panel voice tweaks but it won't restore the style tweaks.
Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 03:55:08 PM »
If you are wanting to use the registration and style you are saving for your recording for other songs at a latter date then save the registration as you normally would to user. You can then always re-name to the song and save as a playlist item leaving the original one in User section.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 06:59:36 PM »
Save the style as song XXXX

If you don't save it and only save the registration ... if you at a later date change the STYLE in some manner, I am pretty sure ... you're screwed. ;)