Author Topic: No sustain on keyboard left  (Read 2251 times)

Beemer

No sustain on keyboard left
« on: January 13, 2021, 11:52:55 AM »
I'm still a newbie and today in setting up a simple registration for the first time I find that keyboard left on my Tyros 5 has no sustain.   Sustain pedal works on other sections.  It does not matter which voice i choose and I don't know how to fix this.
Ian

Offline EileenL

Re: No sustain on keyboard left
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 12:27:04 PM »
Why would you want sustain on the left voice. You have the left hold button that will hold sounds for you until you play the next chord.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33:35 PM »
You need to go into the Function menu > Controller > Foot Pedal, select the pedal assigned to SUSTAIN, and set LEFT to 'On'
Genos

Beemer

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »
Why would you want sustain on the left voice. You have the left hold button that will hold sounds for you until you play the next chord.
Hello Eileen,
I use full fingering and no accompaniment for this particular registration so no chords are being triggered.  See my response below.
Ian

Beemer

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »
You need to go into the Function menu > Controller > Foot Pedal, select the pedal assigned to SUSTAIN, and set LEFT to 'On'
Thanks that fixed it but how could the sustain be lost on the Left without me going into the controller menu to set it off?
Ian

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 01:36:31 PM »
The pedal assignment can be stored in a registration. So I expect you've loaded a registration which includes pedal assignments, with left sustain set off.

Unfortunately on the keyboard itself there's no way to tell what a registration is going to overwrite - it depends what the person who saved it selected at the time.

So you might want to save a new registration for your current setup which includes pedal assignments, with left sustain set on.
Genos

Beemer

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 12:44:10 PM »
Thanks I have now saved a registration as you described.
Ian