Author Topic: Genos sounds & Styles for 'Equinox'  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Mr. Gary

Genos sounds & Styles for 'Equinox'
« on: January 12, 2021, 02:40:13 PM »
I suppose along with the majority of folks, my favourite section of Jean Michel Jarres Equinox is Pt.5.
Can anyone suggest what backing styles I could use please, there are just so many, I don't where to start!
B.T.W. a very sincere 'thank you' to all the support I've received to date, really most appreciated..

Re: Genos sounds & Styles for 'Equinox'
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 06:18:13 PM »

I put one folder full of such styles up on box com
These may include even some trash styles, but You can definitely find some (almost) genuine "Jarre". Good luck!

https://app.box.com/s/7actjun8h2a04narcl6l7u175338vowj

Genos,  Roli Rise2

The following users thanked this post: thomas750, Runner4Fun, wersianer, Roshure, Mr. Gary, balcino, sefulretelei

Offline panos

Re: Genos sounds & Styles for 'Equinox'
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 10:09:16 PM »
Hi Gary,
there a zip file with midis and styles of JM Jarre on this post.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,18584.msg125730.html#msg125730

As long as some styles for Equinox V are from older models you can choose the newest one that sounds somehow good and replace some parts,replace some voices with better ones and equalize some others.

If this is too much for you, at least choose a style from your Dance folder that the preset style will not "run" like crazy at 164 bpm
There should be some dance styles that their "preset" bpm is really high so for those styles at least their drums will fit to the song's tempo.
Of course if you know how to use the Assembly function of the style creator, you can add to the style arpeggios like the ones that the "Arp pop" style of the Euro dance expansion pack has and is just right for that composition.

As for sounds use a combination from the Synth & FX folder with a pad sound.
It will sound nice also to use Harmony with the option "Octave" at 100% for your lead sounds. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:10:49 PM by panos »

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Gary