Author Topic: Contacting Baum Software (Songbook+) ?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Bob88

Contacting Baum Software (Songbook+) ?
« on: December 29, 2020, 01:59:56 AM »
  Would someone post  an email or a contact way of reaching Baum Software?  I tried reaching the Songbook + Group via Yahoo Groups and they have been shutdown .  My Songbook+ version on my Ipad Pro was reduced from a full version which I had paid for to basically a useless copy. I would like to reach Matthias or Mike  from Baum who have communicated with me in the past.Thank you.  Bob

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Contacting Baum Software (Songbook+) ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 02:06:50 AM »
Matthias.bauer@baum-software.ch

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 07:09:13 AM »
Bob,

This is how I communicate with them.
support@baumsoftware.freshdesk.com

Rick D.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 04:08:30 PM »
Thank you Fred and Rick for your quick  responses.  Regards, Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 02:50:59 PM »
Hi Bob,

for a long time they had indicated by corresponding reports that a Songbook+ full version, which, if I remember correctly, was bought more than 5 years ago, will become a demo version again (and then have to be bought again) if a "Major update" is installed. If you do NOT install another update after the said message appears, you can continue to use the currently installed version indefinitely.

After the mentioned message appeared, I simply took out a "Bronze Sponsor" subscription (via in-app purchase). As a result, 0.99 euros will be debited from my Apple account every month and I can continue to use SB+ as usual (including updates to the latest version).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Bob88

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »
Thanks Chris for your reply.  I opted to go with the longer option. A bit pricey but
I decided to choose that and  not have to  deal with it again for a while  .  The 5 year option wilj likely outlast me.  I just turned 107 and 1/2.   Bob

Offline dh110953

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 02:19:31 PM »
Hi Bob, as probably stated elsewhere in this topic Baum stated that if you upgrade to the latest major release (V4.xx) then if your pre-upgrade version is over 5 years old (e.g you purchased Songbook+ over 5 years ago) you would have to buy again or buy a subscription otherwise V4.xx would revert back to demo mode..... OR....you could go back to your previous version (V3.xx) and not expect any further updates..

Personally, I have not had any issues in updating to V4 but I am a: still within the 5 years of since original purchase and b: I am also a sponsor - only Bronze but I think the software is more than worth the 79p (UK) a month as the support has been excellent and its a great product.

Here are some links you may find useful

https://baumsoftware.freshdesk.com/en/support/home

https://en.songbookplus.com/

I am now retired but used to work for a Multinational Technology Company - (UK Sales and Marketing Director) and being frank, I think Baum approach to licensing and support is exceptional. If only the likes of Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Oracle, SAP, Sage, Adobe, etc etc were as open and generous in their licence and support T&C's..
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »
Thank you dh110953.  Regards, Bob

Offline Colin D

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 06:39:55 PM »
How can I check when I purchased my copy? Surely the manufacturer should notify us if this going to happen.

I agree it’s a good product, excellent indeed, but it was expensive at the time of purchase without notification about future lock outs following upgrades?

Thank you kindly

Colin
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q