Author Topic: What happened to Audioworksct?  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Jay B.

What happened to Audioworksct?
« on: January 05, 2021, 03:57:13 AM »
Hi Forum Folks,

I just noticed that Audioworksct has changed names and Frank Ventresca no longer appears to own it. Anyone have more info they could share on this?

Jay B.

DonM

Re: What happened to Audioworksct?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 06:37:16 AM »
Frank still has the business.  The virus hurt his business and he had to reorganize under a new name. 

Offline Jay B.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 03:52:27 AM »
Thanks, Don. Their website shows a new owner, that's why I was asking. I trust your reply more...

I am still going back and forth over getting a Genos or an SX900...meanwhile still playing my good old S970!

Jay B.

DonM

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 06:26:59 AM »
Thanks, Don. Their website shows a new owner, that's why I was asking. I trust your reply more...

I am still going back and forth over getting a Genos or an SX900...meanwhile still playing my good old S970!

Jay B.
If money isn't an object, go for the Genos!  Bigger screen, way more programmable things, better sound, more keys, extra pedal input, excellent key touch...much more, including having styles in the right categories. 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:08:43 PM »
Have to agree with you Don. Lots more on Genos.

tyrosman

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 12:39:21 AM »
yip go for Genos :)

Offline ton37

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 07:57:17 AM »
Mmmm.. Genos is a great keyboard, as the SX 900 is. What do you miss on your good old s970?? If you have an anwer on that question, than you can make a better choice which one could be the best four your needs. Just my 2 cents, you can't go wrong with either one😏
My best regards,
Ton

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 02:24:46 PM »
SX900 is a great little keyboard but has no SA2 voices on it, also no after touch. Only has I Gb of flash memory. User drive is 4 Gb. Only two sockets for pedals and two USB ports. Only quick recording allowed on Audio
Having said that it is still a nice keyboard. I have one as well as my Genos because it was easier to take out at the time.

Offline ton37

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 03:12:42 PM »
I know, Eileen, I've had the Genos too. But the advice to give to someone, 'buy a Genos', is too directive in my opinion. It is not for nothing that the OP has doubts between the Genos and the SX900. So an advice that an SX900 can also be a good choice may give the questioner more choice. Hence my response. When the SX900 came on the market, it turned out to have more than enough potential for my use. The Genos had so many extras for me that I didn't use. Logically you pay for that, so that is a waste of money. The SX900 also has a lot of extras, but luckily the price makes up for it. In other words, what someone considers a 'pro' in one keyboard, may be a 'con' or 'unnecessary' for another. Ultimately, everyone decides that for themselves on the basis of his / her personal consideration with regard to price, quality and use ...
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 10:06:24 PM »
Have you decided yet? I have the Genos, but also like my s975 a lot. But the keybed of the aGenos is far superior, and I love the extra features.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »
Yes Toryl you are right about the key bed it has a lovely feel to it.

Offline Jay B.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 03:51:19 AM »
Thanks to all for your input. My initial question was about Audioworksct. Thanks to Don for his answer. I mentioned my interest in a new keyboard as the reason for my inquiry. I have gone back and forth about which keyboard I should consider as an upgrade. Right at this moment, I just started a new job and do not have time to learn a new instrument nor am I playing publicly, but when things change I will update my rig.

The very helpful people on this forum have given their input numerous times - when the time comes, I'll return with more questions.

Many thanks,
Jay B.

Offline dtah80

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 08:10:40 PM »
Jay,

Audioworksct is now called AudioProCT, and here is the link http://audioproct.com/
Call Frank before you purchase, whichever KB you decide to buy, because the actual price is lower than what listed on the website.

Have fun,

David
David
Genos, PSR-740, MOXF6