Author Topic: A gift for all of you - NewYear Pack  (Read 4227 times)

Offline janamdo

Re: A gift for all of you - NewYear Pack
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2021, 06:22:48 PM »
I loaded now one steinway voice (sweet) : voice wave size shows : 88/96 Mb
Four colors in the bar ? white is free space?

Its tickmarked green by YEM

Lets try to load it in SX600?
Yes, the steinway sweet sound is loaded in SX600..and sounds great and compared with the Concert Grand from sx600 what sounds to me also good, but this comparison is not correct. 
I am not a piano expert of course
Looks that the psr grand piano sounds is thinner then the steinway sweet sound, maybe less sampling ?

For a better comparison i must use a grand steinway  and the Concert Grand from sx600
Steinway player sound is too big for instrument memory, so it ends here.

Its not possible to extend user memory(instrument memory) of the sx600 ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 07:01:48 PM by janamdo »

Offline overover

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2021, 07:37:24 PM »
Hi Chris
I deleted all packs and the psr sx600 shows for Voice Wave size : 2/96 Mb
Leftover 94 Mb ..the piano sample size is also 94 Mb
Big chance the piano sample not can be loaded ?

Hi Jan,

you didn't have to delete the already imported Packs in the YEM right away, you just had to make sure that no Pack is selected. (If Packs have a green checkmark, just click on this checkmark so that it turns gray.) ;)

According to your information ("2 / 96 MB" is shown for the "Voice Wave Size"), obviously a maximum of 94 MB can be used for Packs on the SX600.

I loaded now one steinway voice (sweet) : voice wave size shows : 88/96 Mb
Four colors in the bar ? white is free space? ...

88 here is the space required for the selected content (either entire Packs or parts of them by deactivating unwanted content in the Packs) including the 2 MB which are System reserved.

The BLUE area in the bar is the System reserved storage space (not usable for Packs, but obviously only 2 MB with the SX600). The GREEN area is the space required by the selected content. The free space is WHITE. If the right part of the bar is RED, the maximum available storage space has been exceeded. (Also visible because the value on the left is higher than the value to the right of the slash.)

As Francesco said: All "Steinberg" Voices in this Pack use the same Samples. I recommend you to select all (10) Steinberg Piano Voices. This shouldn't take up more storage space than if you selected just one such Voice. Then try to save your Pack Install file (.ppi) and install it on the SX600.

If there is still space free in addition to that Piano Voices (as long as the left value is smaller than the right), you could of course install any additional Voices (either from Francesco's Pack or from any other Pack. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 07:45:40 PM by overover »
Everyone always said: "This is not possible!" - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Offline overover

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2021, 07:53:48 PM »
... Its not possible to extend user memory(instrument memory) of the sx600 ?

Unfortunately, it is NOT possible to extend the internal Expansion Wave memory on PSR-SX600/700/900, PSR-S700/900/775/975 or Genos.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 07:55:05 PM by overover »
Everyone always said: "This is not possible!" - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Offline janamdo

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks
I must look at this again if is still possible to load all 10 steinway sounds.

best regards
Jan

Offline janamdo

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2021, 09:11:11 AM »

As Francesco said: All "Steinberg" Voices in this Pack use the same Samples. I recommend you to select all (10) Steinberg Piano Voices. This shouldn't take up more storage space than if you selected just one such Voice. Then try to save your Pack Install file (.ppi) and install it on the SX600.

If there is still space free in addition to that Piano Voices (as long as the left value is smaller than the right), you could of course install any additional Voices (either from Francesco's Pack or from any other Pack. :)

Best regards,
Chris
I made pack of the 10 steinway sounds and the voice wave size is 340 Mb  ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 09:14:44 AM by janamdo »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2021, 12:32:22 AM »
Francesco:    Thank  you so much.    Looking forward to enjoying them.  Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2021, 01:18:29 AM »
I made pack of the 10 steinway sounds and the voice wave size is 340 Mb  ?

Hi janamdo,

I don't know if this question is still relevant for you, but I get a Voice Wave size of 105 MB if I only select the 10 Steinway Voices from Francesco's "NewYear" Pack in the YEM. (Actually the Steinway Voices only require 95 MB, but the SX900 used here requires an additional 10 MB of the system.)

Please see also the attached picture.

P.S.
Some of these Steinway Voices could be installed on the SX600, but others are minimally too large. However, since these are "unprotected" Voices, you could remove some samples from these Steinway Voices (while adjusting the key mapping at the same time) in order to ensure that they can still be installed on the SX600.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:46:11 AM by overover »

Offline hans1966

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2021, 07:01:41 PM »
Hello Francesco, thank you very much for sharing your hard work of so many years with us.

a big hug.

Hans