Author Topic: A gift for all of you - NewYear Pack  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Francesco Massa

A gift for all of you - NewYear Pack
« on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »
Ciao dear friends,
I want to give you this pack as a gift, that includes some of my samples made over the years. Some instruments have been personally sampled by me from fantastic musicians I've met during my life, while others come from material found in old hard drives, completely revisited and made playable for our keyboards. And since it's the beginning of the year, I decided to call it "NewYear Pack", hoping that this year will be better than the last one.
As many of you may know, my specialty is mostly about movie-related sounds, particularly colossals that feature large orchestras and epic sounds.

This pack contains 37 voices (10 of them are Genos exclusives), and can be installed on all YEM's compatible keyboards.
The total pack size is 448 MB. In the attachments you can see the included voices. Voices marked with the red dot are Genos exclusives.

VOICE DETAILS - Clic on a voice name to listen to an audio demo. Audio is 44.1KHz MP3 320kbps, lossless recorded from S-PDIF output of Genos.
SteinwayPlayer: it's a beautiful Steinway D-274 concert grand piano, sampled from the player position, that I have sampled some years ago for a Kontakt library called Gran Coda, now optimized to be played with great realism or instantly inserted into an existent style voice. In addition, this voice has been meticulously designed to ensure excellent quality in very small size. [94 MB]
SteinwayAudit: it's the same voice, but re-designed to simulate the audience position. Very nice for orchestral styles/songs. [47 MB]
SteinwayBright: only the brighter dynamic layer of the piano. [59 MB]
SteinwaySweet: only the softer dynamic layer of the piano. [59 MB]
SteinwayAncient: this voice has remapped root-keys to simulate an ancient piano sound. Nice for traditional music. [94 MB]
SteinwayUpright: this voice has remapped root-keys to simulate an upright piano sound. Nice for some jazz/swing songs or some Classical pieces. [94 MB]
SteinwayHonky: this voice has remapped root-keys and a strong detune to simulate an honky-tonk piano sound. Good for ragtime! [94 MB]
SteinwayOctave: this voice has an upper octave layer. [94 MB]
SteinwayDuet: this voice simulates 2 grand pianos with small detune and random delay attacks between the two ones. [94 MB]
SteinwayQuartet: this voice simulates 4 grand pianos with detune, random attacks and different octaves. [94 MB]

Piano voices can be installed all togheter because they share the same samples. Selecting all the piano voices you should see an amount of used expansion memory of only 94 MB.

ConcertCelesta: a good celesta with the natural reverb of the stage. Good for Classical/movie scores. [2 MB]
TubularBells: nice tubular bells with a bright attack good for epic orchestral scores. [5 MB]
ConcertTimpani: very nice timpani recorded in the percussion room of my hometown conservatory. [3 MB]
TimpaniGlissando: it's the same voice but with a pitch envelope that simulates the typical timpani glissando. [3 MB]
Dulcimer: just a dulcimer, probably better than the onboard one. [internal Genos waveforms]
CathedralTutti: I sampled an organ into the St. Antoine's Cathedral (Bologna, Italy) on November 2015 for a Kontakt library called Italian Concert Organ. Now, I decided to combine the tutti sound of that organ with the Genos onboard one. Goosebumps! [11 MB]
Surbahar: the surbahar is an Indian low-register sitar. [internal Genos waveforms]
Gayageum: the gayageum is a 12-strings zither from Korea. [internal Genos waveforms]
HurdyGurdy: the hurdy-gurdy is a stringed instrument that produces a sound with a wheel rubbing against the strings. Great for renaissance/medieval music. [4 MB]
HurdyGurdyEns: an ensemble of 3 hurdy-gurdies, accurately detuned. [4 MB]
AlexaSopranoHaa: the voice of the Russian lyrical soprano Aleksandra Deviatilova, sampled in my studio in 2017, singing "haa". One of the most astonishing voices I have ever heard. Great for opera/movie scores. [4 MB]
AlexaSopranoHee: the voice of Aleksandra singing "hee". Absolutely great for epic movies! [3 MB]

If you own a Genos, make sure to use the Crossfade Portamento with Alexa's voice to get more natural interval passages.

ChiaraSoprano: Chiara was 16 when I sampled her in 2013. She has a soft, unvibrato voice, good for relaxing/new age music. [4 MB]
ChiaraSopranoVib: the voice of Chiara with LFO vibrato. [4 MB]
AlbyTenorOoh: the voice of my childhood friend Alberto. He has a great tonal extension. [1 MB]
SolemnVoicesHaa: different layers of Alexa's voice, singing "haa", simulating a big solemn choir. [4 MB]
SolemnVoicesHee: different layers of Alexa's voice, singing "hee", simulating a big solemn choir. [3 MB]
EpicChoir: an impressive powerful choir singing "hoo", "hoh", "heh", "hee" on different dynamic layers. Absolutely great for movie scores/styles. [81 MB]
EpicSyllablesM: a MegaVoice that includes syllables of the epic choir like "sanc", "tus", "ky", "rhy", etc. in 8 dynamics. Very difficult to play it live. [9 MB]
TuvanThroat: throat singers are fascinating. Trying to port this magic into our keyboards. [5 MB]
Nay: the nay is a Persian/Turkish wood flute. [internal Genos waveforms]
Venu: the venu is an ancient Indian wood flute. [internal Genos waveforms]
UnderwaterRealm: a synth sound created mixing different pads. It evocates a lost temple, or an underwater ambience. [4 MB]
DeathMetalDrums: a very nice drum set created with a mix of unknown-source samples and the samples of my old band's drummer Paolo Riva. Snares, toms and kick are sampled up to 29 dynamic layers, while crashes and hi-hat have up to 8 dynamic layers. This voice is perfectly optimized to instantly replace a drum voice of a style, even if it's a Revo!Drums voice. It's good not only for rock/metal songs, but also for R&B/Jazz. [96 MB]
DMDrumsStyle1: the DeathMetalDrums voice optimized for styles, adjusting some dynamics on crashes and different snare mapping. [93 MB]
DMDrumsStyle2: the DeathMetalDrums voice optimized for styles, adjusting some dynamics on crashes and different snare mapping. [93 MB]
MovieScoreDrums: a great set of orchestral drums with the standard drum mapping. Obviously great for epic movie styles/songs. [118 MB]

I would like to kindly ask you one thing: please do NOT redistribute this pack under your own name. I've spent many years making these samples and finding the right musicians, I'm happy to share it with you, but I'd like to keep my name under this work. Thank you very much for your understanding!

DOWNLOAD PACK...

...and happy new year!  :)

Francesco

Offline overover

Re: A gift for all of you - NewYear Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »
Wow, this is really a great new year's gift! :)

Thank you, Francesco, for sharing all these voices with us!

A happy new year to you too!

Best regards,
Chris
Everyone always said: This is not possible! - Then someone came and ... just did it!

The following users thanked this post: mcbrown, egianto, Pauljun, wersianer, jazzy_beat, dlepera

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »
Hello, and thanks for the great gift.

I'm downloading the pack into tyros 5 as I write this post. Most of the content will work on my keyboard

Again, thanks for your wonderful gift to me and all the members here.

Happy new year one and all

regards,

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Tyros 5-76 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
Francesco sono senza parole.... solo grazie mi sembra poco... Buon 2021.
Pietro

Francesco I'm speechless .... only thanks it seems little ... Happy 2021.
Pietro
 ;)

Offline robs68

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 06:01:08 PM »
 Francesco

Thank you for sharing all your talented work!

Regards, Rob

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 06:57:32 PM »
Dear Francesco,

I like to underline your beautiful aptitude to share what you own. Even more if we consider that you collected in years what you are sharing with us.

Complimenti!!!!

Angelo (Roma)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline dlepera

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 09:34:25 PM »
Hello and Happy New Year.   Very nice of you to give such hard work as a gift.  I am new to all this and have always like things simple.  More like zipped files with Style, Voices, Regits and Pads.  I down loaded your Pack and assumed it was going to be that simple but looks like I need software to extrate the PPF file. I have made a couple attempts at downloading what I thought would do the trick but because of some uncertainty with the Syle Extractor source and redirection I got from the Yamaha site, I just backed everything out.  So all I have is your 448mb file.
    Where can I get a good extractor and I suspect once loaded it should be simple thing to put on a USB and add it to the Pack #12 and #14 that I purchased from this site from Joe.

Please advise and thank you for your time, support and the gift.  Btw I have an sx700 that I just purchased so would like to load them up there.   All the best!    dom 

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 10:00:42 PM »
Hello and Happy New Year ... Please advise and thank you for your time, support and the gift.  Btw I have an sx700 that I just purchased so would like to load them up there.   All the best!    dom

Hi dom, thank you. To install the pack on your SX700 you need YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager) that you can get directly from your product's page. HERE
After the installation, just import the PPF pack into the program, than you can choose to export an installation file for a USB pendrive to insert into your keyboard, or install the pack through WiFi.
I also suggest you to check your keyboard's firmware version, it's important to keep it updated to avoid malfunctions and bugs.

Francesco
Genos
Previously owned: PSR-740, Tyros2, Tyros3, Tyros4 & Tyros5

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Offline dlepera

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 10:15:21 PM »
WOW!  Francesco, that was a very quick reply.  Thank you soo much for the information. That link will same me lots of time and guessing on what is good what is not and will help keep me out of unwanted sites as well.  I loaded the expansion pack, and watching utube with details on how to work with the expansion manager.   I think I should be fine from this point on... Good learning for me as this is all new to me...  Question.  I have modified this post as I was running into issues with this software, but finally got it to work so am good.   
. Appreciate you time and info Grazie!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 02:52:04 AM by dlepera »

Offline rattley

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 12:08:43 AM »
Thank you very much for this great gift!!  I am mesmerized and greatly look forward to using them on my Genos!!  What a great start for 2021 !!    Thanks again.  -charley

Offline nmiliotis

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 07:19:58 AM »
Francesco, what a beatifull piano and the voices are amazing.
I had played the piano yesterday for over 2 hours continuously.
Thank you for this fabulus package and Happy New Year!

Offline LarsMoss

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 07:26:37 AM »
Hi Francesco

Very kind of you to share this package on the forum. Many Thanks !
I have to install this file almost immediately on my Genos and play...
Wish you a very Happy New Year.
/Lars
Keyboards: Tyros 5-76 and a Genos

Online Colin D

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 08:22:19 AM »
Dear Francesco,

Thank you Sir for your kind gift, you and others make this forum a truly wonderful place.  I wish I could contribute as much as others,

Best Wishes

Colin
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2021, 08:53:29 AM »
Hi Francesco I tried the packs ... great sounds ... the Soprano voice is exceptional ...
Un saluto da Torvajanica (Roma)
Pietro

Offline dlepera

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2021, 02:02:03 PM »
Hello.  Has anyone installed this pack on an SX700?  I did do everything correctly with YEM and created the PSR-SX700_PackinstallData.pqi file which in my case it is 242MB in size.  When I connect the usb to the keyboard and do the "pack Installation"  it goes into PACK mode but does not recognize any file on the USB.  I know it's not a USB issue as I have tried both 2.0 and 3.0 but nothing works.  I know that the USBs are recognized as when I put a style file on it in addition to the pqi file it does recognize the style file?
  I have done a complete factory reset so at the moment the factory packs are loaded in so I know that the pack cache memory is now clean.  However that PQI files is still not recognized.  Stangest thing.
  Please note that if this not the place for me to ask this question I can delete this post and put in the SX* support board.   Thanks.               dom
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:38:06 PM by dlepera »

Offline dh110953

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2021, 02:55:00 PM »
Was look forward to downloading BUT got error message.....

This item might not exist or is no longer available
This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.

Sad......I had listed to a coup of the demo's and was very impressed, even these don't open now,

Will tray again later as hope this will be fixed.

Cheers

David
Genos, it sounds fantastic - One day I may even be able to play it.

Offline chuckeys123

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 02:55:26 PM »
Such a nice offering to forum! However, when I go to download I get....File may not still exist or you may not have permission to download?

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »
Thank You Francesco. They all sound great on the SX-900, and I particularly like the voice sounds. Beautiful.

Install Note: It's not your pack, and I'm doing something wrong, but I tried adding this pack using YEM quick install, but after saving in YEM to USB, for whatever reason, I get a keyboard popup, that a quick install is not possible. So I went the long route and added this pack using a complete install of all of my favorite packs. Just took longer.

Anyway thanks again Francesco
Larry

Hawk Music Center
PSR-SX900

Offline EileenL

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 04:17:54 PM »
You need to Save as a PPI file NOT PQI. You must do a normal load first before you can add PQI packs .

Offline overover

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 06:17:51 PM »
... I did do everything correctly with YEM and created the PSR-SX700_PackinstallData.pqi file which in my case it is 242MB in size.  When I connect the usb to the keyboard and do the "pack Installation"  it goes into PACK mode but does not recognize any file on the USB.  ...

Hi dlepera,

as already mentioned by Eileen here: For the first Pack Install procedure, you have to create a .ppi file (.PPI), not .pqi (.PQI). If protected Packs (.cpf) are involved (like the new, free Yamaha Packs), choose the .cpi (.CPI) format for the Pack Install file. (See also the attached picture.)

... I have done a complete factory reset so at the moment the factory packs are loaded in so I know that the pack cache memory is now clean.  However that PQI files is still not recognized.  Stangest thing. ...

A Factory Reset does NOT affect the installed WAV data in the Expansion Wave memory or the "Expansion" folder in the User drive (where the Styles, Registration Bank files, Voice Set files (.vce) etc. of the installed Packs are stored).

A Factory Reset resets all User System settings to the factory defaults (e.g. the settings of System Setup, MIDI, User Effect, Registration Memory, Favorites, Live Control). This should normally only be done if an error occurs or if the keyboard is to be sold. Otherwise a Reset is never necessary. Simply set the functions / parameters as desired and you're done!

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 07:16:25 PM by overover »
Everyone always said: This is not possible! - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Offline dlepera

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 09:58:20 PM »
Hello Chris.  I fully understand what you are saying and btw way I made a typo error it is "ppi" default pack file type. The issue I encountered was rather strange. Let me explain.. In my attempt to create the pack having it not working got me to try everything from scratch, only to find that this time YEM had a dup Pack with both having a green check mark and not allowing me to uncheck one or the other.  So I decided to proceed with creating the PPI file on usb.  This time it came up with a message that the "FULL PACK" needs to be install, reply "OK" which I did. So, things went along fine and up with a 334mb file which was larger than the first one.  Loaded the UCB in the keyboard and this time it did recognize that a new pack was there and ready to install. So the execution of the install let me know that any current pack data will be deleted and replied "OK.  Execution proceeded as normal, then was prompted to restart the keyboard. 
  This is where the fun began.  When I displayed my expansion pack, two white images appeared on the display with the same pack name but could not open either one of them.  So, went back to YEM and had to clean out the two packs that were in the display window. Uninstalling the program on my WIN 10 was fine and so was the install of a fresh YEM download.  However when I opened the Expansion Manager, both packs were still there.  Well that was simple to determine that the uninstall did not  cleanup  the Yamaha Software Folder and sure enough the two pack files were there.  SO deleted the folder and did a complete reinstall of YEM.  This time the expansion manager worked like a charm(as it  should) and USB was good.  My hope now was that it would work fine on the keyboard when I tried to install and hopefully it would erase those two white pack icons that would not go away in the expansion memory(if you will).  Like before the SX700 did not recognize the PPI file.  Only choice I had was to do a complete factory restart. After the restart the expansion memory now displayed the AFRICAN, EUROPE,LATIN AMERICA & ORIENTAL.
   Now i have a clean keyboard.  Did the whod excersize of uninstalling YEM, deleteing the Yamaha Software Folder on my PC and then reinstalled YEM. All worked fine again but when I connected the USB to the SX700, I recognized the USB but did load the PPI file which this time was about 300+mb.   I can only speculate based on my lack of knowledge with this stuff that perhaps the Pack that I am trying to create may not be able to play on the SX700???   The expansion manager when it created the pack and listed the voices, had unchecked automatically some of them and then turned the birght Green check mark on the PACK icon to kind of a green checkmark with a gray shade over it.  I have spent hours on this and prepared to keep playing with a little longer before I give up on it.  I must say that this has been and still is a very good way for me to learn.   Thanks for your support.             dom

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 10:54:24 PM by dlepera »

Offline Patrick

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 12:06:40 AM »
Hi Francesco, thank you very much for this gift; great works, Happy new year to you and yours Patrick
 :)

The following users thanked this post: Francesco Massa

Offline roltec54

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 06:36:57 AM »
hello Francesco,
thank you for this beautiful gift of the new year, new voices to decorate our register games, and what I like most are human voices, I am passionate about sopranos, choirs, epic choirs etc ... have never heard such beautiful voices, very close to reality, the epic choirs are also bluffing, we have even more the impression of hearing the words of the singers, it's magnificent, and then there are new voices human beings never heard of, all this is really a beautiful gift! with your Soundtrack 1.3 pack these voices go together wonderfully!
Thank you again for everything you do.
musically
michel (roltec 54)

Offline dlepera

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2021, 01:56:36 AM »
Hello.   Curious, Is there anyone that has installed this pack on an SX700.   I see an SX900 owner and have to assume that it got installed ok.  For some reason  all my attempts have failed to get to work on my keyboard.  Not sure if firmware version has anything to do with it as I can not think of anything else.  I have done everything to the tea with the expansion manager, and did load it on the SX700. Even reviewed the Utubes on the expansion manager and did everything as described, but the keyboard will just now open up.  I am getting very jealous that you all have this wonderful gift working and I don't.  Will have to wait an see if anyone else can get it working on an SX700.  I am hopeful.       dom

Offline overover

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2021, 03:13:49 AM »
Hi Dom,

please note: The Voices that have orange icons in YEM can only be installed on a Genos (not on e.g. an SX700). Only Genos and Tyros5 allow to create and load such Expansion Voices that are fully or partly based on their own Preset Voices.

Please also be sure that you are in VOICE mode when you try to select installed Expansion Voices. If you are in the STYLE Selection display, for example, and go into the Expansion folder (in the USER drive) from there, you don't see the Voices in the Pack subfolders.

P.S.
If you want to combine the pre-installed SX700 Packs with other Packs, you have to download the desired pre-installed Packs from here (and import those .cpf Pack files then into your YEM:
>>>
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/vse.html#product-tabs

The function to restore the pre-installed Packs directly on the SX700 (you mentioned it before) is useless in your case, because all previous installed Expansion contents are deleted when installing a new Pack Install file (.ppi/.cpi).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:33:36 AM by overover »

Offline dlepera

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2021, 04:08:30 AM »
Hello Chris.  Bingo!!.. I have said that a couple times for a couple issues due to my limited knowledge of arranger keyboards. This is one of those cases.  Yes, you are so right.  Once I got into voice mode all worked fine. Francesco has done a superb job articulating the voices and very gracious to share it. 
   I hope that I have not created any clutter on this board with my issue. Perhaps it should have been addressed else where and not mixed in with all these well deserved accolades.  Sorry Francesco if this is the case.
   Many Thanks to all of you for assisting and educating me as your support and patience in this matter is greatly appreciated.  Best Regards!!          dom

Offline Misu

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2021, 06:48:26 AM »
Hi Francesco,

A BIG thanks from me.

Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000

Offline Seagull29

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2021, 11:13:39 AM »
Hello,
first of all my best wishes for the year which begins with the hope of returning to a normal life.
 I tried to download the pack for my Tyros 5 but I have a message telling me that it is either absent, or unavailable or that I cannot access. I had tried before and the file displayed well on the page but no way to download it. Can you tell me how to access and download it. Thanks in advance for this pack.

All the best

Yves Sultan (Seagull29)

Offline torben

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2021, 12:26:37 PM »
Hi friends

this is a bit confusing. I have downloaded the file so now I want to install it on my Genos. I have uploaded the file as a ppi-file to YEM. It appears among my packages in YEM as Frank's Happy New Year pack. Afterwards I have marked the pack with a green V and saved it to a USB as a pack install file called Genos_PackInstallData.ppi

But where do I go from here? If I use the install package feature in the Genos, after inserting the USB in Genos, will the instrument be formatting the area for packages or do I only add the above mentioned USB file, leaving the others untouched???

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is Tyros 5 AND Genos !

Offline Stuart L

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2021, 12:40:48 PM »
Many thanks Francesco for your generous gift. I'm just off to try it out on my 975.
Regards
Stuart L

Offline Karlos

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2021, 12:56:46 PM »
Wow,  thanks Francesco for this pack,  I love Mongolian throat overtone singing.

Happy new year to you, be safe  :)

Online Colin D

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 01:38:42 PM »
Ciao dear friends,
I want to give you this pack as a gift, that includes some of my samples made over the years. Some instruments have been personally sampled by me from fantastic musicians I've met during my life, while others come from material found in old hard drives, completely revisited and made playable for our keyboards. And since it's the beginning of the year, I decided to call it "NewYear Pack", hoping that this year will be better than the last one.
As many of you may know, my specialty is mostly about movie-related sounds, particularly colossals that feature large orchestras and epic sounds.

This pack contains 37 voices (10 of them are Genos exclusives), and can be installed on all YEM's compatible keyboards.
The total pack size is 448 MB. In the attachments you can see the included voices. Voices marked with the red dot are Genos exclusives.

VOICE DETAILS - Clic on a voice name to listen to an audio demo. Audio is 44.1KHz MP3 320kbps, lossless recorded from S-PDIF output of Genos.
SteinwayPlayer: it's a beautiful Steinway D-274 concert grand piano, sampled from the player position, that I have sampled some years ago for a Kontakt library called Gran Coda, now optimized to be played with great realism or instantly inserted into an existent style voice. In addition, this voice has been meticulously designed to ensure excellent quality in very small size. [94 MB]
SteinwayAudit: it's the same voice, but re-designed to simulate the audience position. Very nice for orchestral styles/songs. [47 MB]
SteinwayBright: only the brighter dynamic layer of the piano. [59 MB]
SteinwaySweet: only the softer dynamic layer of the piano. [59 MB]
SteinwayAncient: this voice has remapped root-keys to simulate an ancient piano sound. Nice for traditional music. [94 MB]
SteinwayUpright: this voice has remapped root-keys to simulate an upright piano sound. Nice for some jazz/swing songs or some Classical pieces. [94 MB]
SteinwayHonky: this voice has remapped root-keys and a strong detune to simulate an honky-tonk piano sound. Good for ragtime! [94 MB]
SteinwayOctave: this voice has an upper octave layer. [94 MB]
SteinwayDuet: this voice simulates 2 grand pianos with small detune and random delay attacks between the two ones. [94 MB]
SteinwayQuartet: this voice simulates 4 grand pianos with detune, random attacks and different octaves. [94 MB]

Piano voices can be installed all togheter because they share the same samples. Selecting all the piano voices you should see an amount of used expansion memory of only 94 MB.

ConcertCelesta: a good celesta with the natural reverb of the stage. Good for Classical/movie scores. [2 MB]
TubularBells: nice tubular bells with a bright attack good for epic orchestral scores. [5 MB]
ConcertTimpani: very nice timpani recorded in the percussion room of my hometown conservatory. [3 MB]
TimpaniGlissando: it's the same voice but with a pitch envelope that simulates the typical timpani glissando. [3 MB]
Dulcimer: just a dulcimer, probably better than the onboard one. [internal Genos waveforms]
CathedralTutti: I sampled an organ into the St. Antoine's Cathedral (Bologna, Italy) on November 2015 for a Kontakt library called Italian Concert Organ. Now, I decided to combine the tutti sound of that organ with the Genos onboard one. Goosebumps! [11 MB]
Surbahar: the surbahar is an Indian low-register sitar. [internal Genos waveforms]
Gayageum: the gayageum is a 12-strings zither from Korea. [internal Genos waveforms]
HurdyGurdy: the hurdy-gurdy is a stringed instrument that produces a sound with a wheel rubbing against the strings. Great for renaissance/medieval music. [4 MB]
HurdyGurdyEns: an ensemble of 3 hurdy-gurdies, accurately detuned. [4 MB]
AlexaSopranoHaa: the voice of the Russian lyrical soprano Aleksandra Deviatilova, sampled in my studio in 2017, singing "haa". One of the most astonishing voices I have ever heard. Great for opera/movie scores. [4 MB]
AlexaSopranoHee: the voice of Aleksandra singing "hee". Absolutely great for epic movies! [3 MB]

If you own a Genos, make sure to use the Crossfade Portamento with Alexa's voice to get more natural interval passages.

ChiaraSoprano: Chiara was 16 when I sampled her in 2013. She has a soft, unvibrato voice, good for relaxing/new age music. [4 MB]
ChiaraSopranoVib: the voice of Chiara with LFO vibrato. [4 MB]
AlbyTenorOoh: the voice of my childhood friend Alberto. He has a great tonal extension. [1 MB]
SolemnVoicesHaa: different layers of Alexa's voice, singing "haa", simulating a big solemn choir. [4 MB]
SolemnVoicesHee: different layers of Alexa's voice, singing "hee", simulating a big solemn choir. [3 MB]
EpicChoir: an impressive powerful choir singing "hoo", "hoh", "heh", "hee" on different dynamic layers. Absolutely great for movie scores/styles. [81 MB]
EpicSyllablesM: a MegaVoice that includes syllables of the epic choir like "sanc", "tus", "ky", "rhy", etc. in 8 dynamics. Very difficult to play it live. [9 MB]
TuvanThroat: throat singers are fascinating. Trying to port this magic into our keyboards. [5 MB]
Nay: the nay is a Persian/Turkish wood flute. [internal Genos waveforms]
Venu: the venu is an ancient Indian wood flute. [internal Genos waveforms]
UnderwaterRealm: a synth sound created mixing different pads. It evocates a lost temple, or an underwater ambience. [4 MB]
DeathMetalDrums: a very nice drum set created with a mix of unknown-source samples and the samples of my old band's drummer Paolo Riva. Snares, toms and kick are sampled up to 29 dynamic layers, while crashes and hi-hat have up to 8 dynamic layers. This voice is perfectly optimized to instantly replace a drum voice of a style, even if it's a Revo!Drums voice. It's good not only for rock/metal songs, but also for R&B/Jazz. [96 MB]
DMDrumsStyle1: the DeathMetalDrums voice optimized for styles, adjusting some dynamics on crashes and different snare mapping. [93 MB]
DMDrumsStyle2: the DeathMetalDrums voice optimized for styles, adjusting some dynamics on crashes and different snare mapping. [93 MB]
MovieScoreDrums: a great set of orchestral drums with the standard drum mapping. Obviously great for epic movie styles/songs. [118 MB]

I would like to kindly ask you one thing: please do NOT redistribute this pack under your own name. I've spent many years making these samples and finding the right musicians, I'm happy to share it with you, but I'd like to keep my name under this work. Thank you very much for your understanding!

DOWNLOAD PACK...

...and happy new year!  :)

Francesco

Hi Francesco, Everyone,

Is there a way to make the Soprano come active on pressing the key, can this be edited in the style please, I find if I play it fast the voice delay makes it quite inaudible.  Or can someone recommend an alternative please?

Many thanks

Colin

Offline soundphase

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »
Hi Francesco, Everyone,

Is there a way to make the Soprano come active on pressing the key, can this be edited in the style please, I find if I play it fast the voice delay makes it quite inaudible.  Or can someone recommend an alternative please?

Many thanks

Colin
I didn't try, but I guess you can try to decrease the attack level (voice edit, menu 2 on Genos)

Online Colin D

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2021, 02:08:32 PM »
I have tried changing some items without success, I guess I don't understand how it works,

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2021, 05:46:00 PM »
Hello,
first of all my best wishes for the year which begins with the hope of returning to a normal life.
 I tried to download the pack for my Tyros 5 but I have a message telling me that it is either absent, or unavailable or that I cannot access. I had tried before and the file displayed well on the page but no way to download it. Can you tell me how to access and download it. Thanks in advance for this pack.

All the best

Yves Sultan (Seagull29)

Hi Seagull29,
send me a PM with your mail, I'll send the pack to you using wetransfer.

Francesco
Genos

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2021, 05:50:59 PM »
Hi friends

this is a bit confusing. I have downloaded the file so now I want to install it on my Genos. I have uploaded the file as a ppi-file to YEM. It appears among my packages in YEM as Frank's Happy New Year pack. Afterwards I have marked the pack with a green V and saved it to a USB as a pack install file called Genos_PackInstallData.ppi

But where do I go from here? If I use the install package feature in the Genos, after inserting the USB in Genos, will the instrument be formatting the area for packages or do I only add the above mentioned USB file, leaving the others untouched???

Kind regards

Torben

Hi Torben,
don't worry: once you have clicked on the button to create the USB pack file, you have to check the file type switching to "Pack Quick Installation" (.pqi format and not.ppi) to avoid deletion of other installed packs in your Genos. Then you can connect the USB to the Genos and use the Pack Installation function onboard.

Francesco
Genos

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »
I have tried changing some items without success, I guess I don't understand how it works,

Hey Colin, there is no option in YEM to start a sample in another point (as I have said many times, YEM is a bad joke, and not a software). But you can try applying to the voice a compressor, setting attack and release correctly. Not sure about the result but you can try.

Francesco
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline overover

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2021, 09:51:12 PM »
... this is a bit confusing. I have downloaded the file so now I want to install it on my Genos. I have uploaded the file as a ppi-file to YEM. It appears among my packages in YEM as Frank's Happy New Year pack. Afterwards I have marked the pack with a green V and saved it to a USB as a pack install file called Genos_PackInstallData.ppi

But where do I go from here? If I use the install package feature in the Genos, after inserting the USB in Genos, will the instrument be formatting the area for packages or do I only add the above mentioned USB file, leaving the others untouched??? ...

Hi Torben,

you always must mark (select) ALL Packs you want to have on the Genos in YEM (not only the NEW imported Packs!). Then save your .ppi Pack Install file (or .cpi, if at least one protected .cpf Pack is involved) to the connected USB stick. When installing this .ppi/.cpi file on the Genos, all previous Expansion contents are deleted (and then everything is installed again).

After you have done such a full Pack Installation once, for future installations you can use the "Quick Pack Installation" method: You must mark (select) ALL Packs you want to have on Genos, exactly as described before. BUT after clicking on the "Save as Pack Installation File" select the file type .pqi (.PQI) (or .cqi (.CQI), if at least one protected .cpf Pack is involved).

Please see also the attached picture.

Best regards,
Chris

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2021, 03:30:19 PM »
Hi there and I just wanted to thank you with all my heart for the wonderful wonderful new sounds.  I downloaded the pack and must admit was a bit nervous about putting it into my PSR SX900 ( only ever put one pack in months ago and had forgotten what to do!)  I am a Classical pianist and the Steinway is just. amazing......!!!!  I also record quite a bit of duet Classical work and will use these voices...also loved the choirs, single voices and timpani as well....you are so kind to share and has made my year!!  Thank you

David

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline tyrosguy85

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2021, 08:35:04 PM »
Hi Francesco.
Thanks for sharing these voices.
How do i install these onto my Tyros 4 from usb stick?
Cheers
John.

Offline overover

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2021, 08:54:22 PM »
Hi Francesco.
Cheers
John.

Hi John,

these Voices are in .ppf format. And unfortunately, as I said before, .ppf and .cpf Packs can only be used with YEM compatible models (starting from Tyros5 and PSR-S970/770).

You could send Francesco a PM (Personal Message). Maybe he can give you some of his free Voices in the Tyros4 compatible UVN format. (Voices in .ppf format can NOT be converted "backwards" to previous formats like UVN/UVD. So Francesco will probably NOT be able to give you his current Voices that were especially created for Genos and other YEM compatible models).

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: tyrosguy85

Offline dacca

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2021, 10:24:08 AM »
Hi Francesco.
Tyros 4- korg Pa4x Ketron-SD 40

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2021, 12:49:18 PM »
Hi Francesco.
Cheers
John.

That's exactly like Chris said. Unfortunately I created the voices directly from YEM, and unfortunately Yamaha did not provide conversion software for earlier models.
To be honest, it seems that pre-Tyros5 models have been removed from Yamaha's lists: even the official packages are no longer available.
Genos

Offline janamdo

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2021, 02:29:46 PM »
Hi
Works also for SX600 , only i must reduce some voices , because its only 100 mb userdrive
In the yem manager you could not remove sounds till i reach the limit of the voice data 100 mb ?
re
There a green tickboxed sounds and not ( content cannot selected for this instrument)
I could try to make a new pack  for the pianosounds   ;)

Its not drag and drop from frank's happy new year pack to my new created pack under the 100mb voice data ..ideal !
Ah i see  could export voices into a new pack..problem solved.

10 steinway piano sounds for 270 mb still too big :i choose 3 : player/audit and sweet .. no one pianosample is 270 mb
Unfortanely no good piano sound to get on psr sx600 with a pack  ( too big sample) , because the default piano sound is not outstanding ( for this lkeyboard too modest ) 

Cannot enlarge the use drive on the keyboard?  and directly playing new sounds for usb is not possible , because the sound needs first to be loaded in memory i think. 

Jan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 04:49:35 PM by janamdo »

Offline nmiliotis

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2021, 07:34:35 PM »
Here is demo i have created yesterday with the beautifully voice of Aleksandra Deviatilova.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqYSnw9tqMhglB9279dBhfgQG3tV

I hope you like it. It isn't optimized yet but working on it.

Francesco, thanks againg for this wonderful gift.

The following users thanked this post: LaHawk, Colin D

Offline Francesco Massa

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2021, 12:11:07 PM »
Hi
Works also for SX600 , only i must reduce some voices , because its only 100 mb userdrive
In the yem manager you could not remove sounds till i reach the limit of the voice data 100 mb ?
re
There a green tickboxed sounds and not ( content cannot selected for this instrument)
I could try to make a new pack  for the pianosounds   ;)

Its not drag and drop from frank's happy new year pack to my new created pack under the 100mb voice data ..ideal !
Ah i see  could export voices into a new pack..problem solved.

10 steinway piano sounds for 270 mb still too big :i choose 3 : player/audit and sweet .. no one pianosample is 270 mb
Unfortanely no good piano sound to get on psr sx600 with a pack  ( too big sample) , because the default piano sound is not outstanding ( for this lkeyboard too modest ) 

Cannot enlarge the use drive on the keyboard?  and directly playing new sounds for usb is not possible , because the sound needs first to be loaded in memory i think. 

Jan

Hi Jan, all the piano voices share the same samples, so you can install all of them for only 94MB.
Francesco
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2021, 12:17:19 PM »
Hi Jan, all the piano voices share the same samples, so you can install all of them for only 94MB.
Francesco

On the SX900 and SX700, 10 MB of the Expansion Wave memory is reserved for System purposes (shown in YEM when clicking on such an install target). If this is also the case with the SX600, the maximum usable Pack size is probably only about 89 ... 90 MB.

@janamdo
Hi Jan,

please check this in your YEM: Click on the "PSR-SX600" Install Target and be sure that NO Pack is selected.

How is the "Voice Wave Size" displayed then in your case (at the top of the YEM window)? (I guess it says "10 / 100 MB".)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:55:35 PM by overover »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2021, 12:48:17 PM »
Hi Francesco,

I installed this onto my Genos and I am particularly enjoying the piano sound - thank you!
Genos

Offline janamdo

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2021, 02:00:41 PM »
Francesco
Hi Francesco
Thanks for this information!
Probably is too large the sample size, to be investigated further.

Jan 

Offline janamdo

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2021, 02:07:16 PM »
On the SX900 and SX700, 10 MB of the Expansion Wave memory is reserved for System purposes (shown in YEM when clicking on such an install target). If this is also the case with the SX600, the maximum usable Pack size is probably only about 89 ... 90 MB.

@janamdo
Hi Jan,

please check this in your YEM: Click on the "PSR-SX600" Install Target and be sure that NO Pack is selected.

How is the "Voice Wave Size" displayed then in your case (at the top of the YEM window)? (I guess it says "10 / 100 MB".)

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris
I deleted all packs and the psr sx600 shows for Voice Wave size : 2/96 Mb
Leftover 94 Mb ..the piano sample size is also 94 Mb
Big chance the piano sample not can be loaded ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:11:04 PM by janamdo »