Author Topic: YEM  (Read 2860 times)

Offline nmerali

YEM
« on: January 02, 2021, 08:27:11 PM »
Recently cleaned out my YEM to enable new expansion packs and make more efficient packs (trying to combine two packs to prevent repeatation of voices)
I have windows 7 PSR S975
Downloaded YEM: V2.3.2
When I try to import the new packs,it tells me"the pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this pack"
The flash drive was already re formatted.
Now I have lost everything on my YEM
Any advice?

Offline overover

Re: YEM
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 09:11:10 PM »
Hi nmerali,

YEM V2.3.2 is far too old. I recommend you to use V2.6.0. This is the last version that can be used with Windows 7:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdip6x1uckqm359/Expansion%20Manager%202.60.zip?dl=0

Please uninstall the old YEM version first correctly, then install V2.6.0.

The Packs that are already imported are NOT affected when YEM is uninstalled/re-installed.

If you have already a PSR-S975 Install Target in the YEM, to be on the safe side I recommend to delete it fist. Then export the Instrument Info file (.n27) AGAIN from your S975 onto a USB stick, connect the stick to the PC then, and import the .n27 as a new Install Target in YEM.

Then you should be able to import also protected Packs (.cpf) that are made for the S975. Note: Protected Packs (.cpf) that are made for OTHER models (e.g. for Genos, Tyros5, S770, S970, S775) can NOT be used with the S975.

Un
protected Packs (.ppf) can always be imported and used with the S975. However, in some cases certain voices may not be compatible.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline nmerali

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 06:10:24 AM »
Thank you so much
Naz

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 06:25:08 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, Naz!

I hope everything works as it should now. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)