Author Topic: UD-WL01  (Read 2603 times)

RichS73

UD-WL01
« on: January 02, 2021, 09:50:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I just wondered if anyone has any experience with the UD-WL01 adapter, which I got for Christmas.
I managed to use it with the Chord Tracker app on the ipad and it works great and also with the Ipad MusicSoft app (although nothing shows in dropbox with this app, but that's probably another issue for later).

My question really is around connecting the keyboard to my windows PC. It says in the 'connection manual' by way of a diagram that you can connect to a computer or smart device. The manual says nothing at all of any use expect a short paragraph in many languages.
Do I need to download a program to connect the computer to the keyboard?

What I was sort expecting is that the keyboard would show up as a network device within windows where I could drag and drop MIDI files (and other files) to and from the instrument, but I'm a bit baffled at the moment.
What else can the UD-WL01 be used for?
Does anyone have any experience of using this device?
Grateful for any help
Thanks
from
Richard

chikitin

Re: UD-WL01
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
I suppose the following use case is all one can do which is very limited in my openion.

I do appreciate it if someone else can educate us as well.

* After you connect your WD to WIFI.
    * Go on my mobile/PC connect your WIFI to the WD network ( mine is ap-psr3000).
    * Now you can go into the app connect to the PSR keyboard.
    * After loading a song ( I use dropbox), it recognizes chords. You can play it from the app with audio coming out of your PSR speaker. on my end doesn't play the midi with the chosen style from the app!d
    * You fix few chords here and there with sections that match PSR style variations.
    * tap the little 3 dots on your phone, choose "send to Instrument.
    * Press songs on PSR > Find your song in the "Chord Tracker" folder.
    * Select a style ( I mostly use my own styles created from Style Creator)

Now you have also a song file that you might be able to use in many ways! But, I found the file not very useful at least on my PSR-A3000 that is very buggy!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 03:32:09 PM by chikitin »

RichS73

Re: UD-WL01
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 03:38:09 PM »
Thanks, yes it dosen't seem that much of a useful device, but its expensive. Although the chord Tracker facility is good.Thanks for replying.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 03:39:16 PM by RichS73 »