Author Topic: incorporation of midi in a registration  (Read 1894 times)

Offline torben

incorporation of midi in a registration
« on: January 01, 2021, 03:16:57 PM »
Hi friends

first of all - Happy 2021. May it be a lot better than 2020.!

And now to my question that may have been answered before. But I cannotfind the solution  :'(

Here it is: Can you trigger a midi song from a registration? If so - How????

For instance I would want to include a solo from a midi recording in the middle of the registration.

Best greetings

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline EileenL

Re: incorporation of midi in a registration
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 03:53:59 PM »
The easiest way to do this would be to record the part of the midi you want to Audio and then made a multi pad of it. You can then just press it when needed.

The following users thanked this post: torben

Offline torben

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 07:47:44 PM »
I get the idea. But in that case it could be both a midi or a mp3?
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 08:52:20 PM »
Hi Torben,

I do this all the time. To add midi to a registration is easy. Load your midi into Song A. Then create your registration. When you memorize the registration button, make sure MIDI Song is checked off. This will tie the MIDI to the registration. To only play only the solo all channels of the MIDI can be turned off except the channel the solo is on by pressing the Assignable button B, unless you changed the default setting for this button. Now if you look on page 66 of the reference manual you will see a picture of the Song A window. If you look to the left of the play pause button you will see an arrow pointing down with three lines above it. Click on this and save your registration memory again. This only has to be done on the #1 registration button. What this does is when you have sync start selected for the rhythm to start when you start playing, this will start the midi at the same time. Now the hard part is getting the rhythm of your registration to match the speed of the midi. An easier way is to use the rhythm and backing tracks of the midi. Turn off the lead parts in the midi and use your registrations for your left and right hand to play along with the midi.
It sounds a lot harder to do than it is.
Good Luck!
Happy New Year!

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: torben, Colin D, SingerSongwriter

tyros5psr

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 10:26:37 PM »
thank you for the very subtle idea
tyros5psr