Author Topic: sample Robot  (Read 12536 times)

djp

sample Robot
« on: December 30, 2020, 03:15:48 PM »
Hi everyone, I have received sample robot for xmas how do i export the samples to my keyboard and in what format I have a yamaha Genos
Thank you

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: sample Robot
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »
The Software SampleRobot??
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

djp

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 03:34:39 PM »
yes any help would be apreciated

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »
I'm gonna assume that you know what Sample Robot does and what are its uses.

Once you have the samples ( Wave 44KHZ . 16 BIT Only )
You will need Yamaha Expansion Manager and create your Expansion pack using those samples.

Norman.

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline alka

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »
From SampleRobot export to SF2, then in YEM import content SF2

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »
Go with Alka's method. 

Sf2 will automatically do it on YEM.

Cubase - Kontakt6

djp

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 06:02:18 PM »
thanks very much for the information

djp

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »
Has anyone got any examples of sample robot sounds as i, struggling to convert for my genos

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 11:39:22 AM »
Has anyone got any examples of sample robot sounds as i, struggling to convert for my genos

Hi djp,

use "Import/Export" menu > "Export selected project as..." > "Soundfont2 (*.sf2) in SampleRobot.

In YEM use "My Packs" > "Import Pack" and select your .sf2 file to create a new Pack with the contents of the .sf2 file automatically.

You can also use an existing Pack or create a new, empty Pack manually in YEM, and then use "Import Content" to import the .sf2 file.

When you double-click a certain Voice in your new Pack, you can make additional settings for the "Common" parameters and/or also separately for each "Element". To save the changes click the red arrow "Back" and then the "Save" button. (If you don't want to save, click "Discard" here.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 09:54:13 PM »
Hi
If you have a computer and a daw like Cubase, you obvously would have a few VST instruments.
Vst 's like Korg, Arturia Sampletank etc will open up a minefield of sounds to sample quickly and easy
At the moment you can only sample VST 2, and the Samplerobot makers say vst 3 will be possible on a later update.
Once you have a sample and converted to SF2 ,just tweak away in YEM until you have what you desire.
Read the manual and look at the video's and it will only take a couple of weeks to master it.

All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2023, 02:19:09 AM »
Hi
If you have a computer and a daw like Cubase, you obvously would have a few VST instruments.
Vst 's like Korg, Arturia Sampletank etc will open up a minefield of sounds to sample quickly and easy
At the moment you can only sample VST 2, and the Samplerobot makers say vst 3 will be possible on a later update.
Once you have a sample and converted to SF2 ,just tweak away in YEM until you have what you desire.
Read the manual and look at the video's and it will only take a couple of weeks to master it.

All the Best
John :)
It is possible to sample VST3-like plugins in an improvised way.
I usually use this method even to clone VST2 plugins.
 And this is very useful when you already have the preset ready or the template of a plugin configured inside your Daw.

Basically you use a driver that works like a virtual asio cable, like Sinchronous Audio Rowter where you create so-called "endpoints" or Voice Meeter that works like a virtual console.
In case you use the first one, in your DAW, send the master output to this virtual cable in addition to the audio interface.
In samplerobot just configure the Asio virtual cable as input device.
It also needs a virtual midi cable like loopmidi so that it can send the midi signal to the Daw and it can play with the plugin.
Regards,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."