Author Topic: multipads  (Read 3378 times)

Offline nmerali

multipads
« on: December 30, 2020, 12:20:42 AM »
In PSR S975, is it possible to engage one multipad button to give one continuous background for example strings, one multipad button for accompanying organ, one multipad button for accompanying flute etc that will change when the cord is changed?
Are we limited to the multipads supplied on the unit (mostly they are percussion sounds).
Thanks
naz

Offline Fred Smith

Re: multipads
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 03:47:08 AM »
In PSR S975, is it possible to engage one multipad button to give one continuous background for example strings, one multipad button for accompanying organ, one multipad button for accompanying flute etc that will change when the cord is changed?
Are we limited to the multipads supplied on the unit (mostly they are percussion sounds).
Thanks
naz

You can create your own multipads. And they will follow the chord if you set it up that way (there's a setting to follow, or not, chords).

So, yes, you can do what you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: nmerali

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 10:19:46 AM »
And you are not limited just to the multipads on the keyboard, you can import multipads. But if the voices of the inported pads are not on the keyboard, they will not sound.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »
Yes there are lots of multi pads out there that will work fine. You may need to re-voice them if they have used voices from the expansion packs but that is easy enough to do in Multi pad creator.

Offline nmerali

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 02:03:43 AM »
Thanks Fred,
Where can I find instructions to set up multipads to "add" different chorded voices eg strings or organ
naz

Offline jdup

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 04:00:03 AM »
Nmerali, search the Reference Manual for your Yamaha model for "Multi Pad Editing" or "Editing Multi Pads." Then follow those instructions exactly, and I name my resulting multi pad with the name of my song. That way, I do not mistakenly copy over the original multi pad by mistake.

The result is I have a custom, newly-created multi-pad that could include a keyboard phrase, guitar strumming, a hand clap, and strings -- all working at the same time. It is well worth it.

Thanks, and happy new year everyone.

Jim Duprey
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)
Former Keyboard: PSR-S770