Author Topic: Connecting volume pedal  (Read 2754 times)

Offline RobertM

Connecting volume pedal
« on: December 26, 2020, 08:55:07 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'm asking for a way to connect a volume pedal when the two switch sockets are used for "fill self" and "OTS+", and midi IN is used for a Keystation 61.
For instance, can any type of breakout box be used for the pedal?
Robert.

Offline mikf

Re: Connecting volume pedal
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 12:09:45 AM »
I dont think there is a way. You have to make a decision which you want to sacrifice.
Mike

Offline Art S.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 12:32:11 AM »
mikf is correct if you are using the internal speakers.

If however you are using external speakers, you can do as I do.
Get a QUALITY in-line stereo volume pedal.
This works great for controlling volume on external speakers, it will not control the keyboards internal speakers.

Offline RobertM

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 01:46:42 AM »
Hi Art S and Mike,
I like ArtS's bit of lateral thinking with an in-line pedal, that would never have occurred to me. However, I would prefer swell or expression use as for organ voices only.
What about a foot controller, I note the Behringer has "midi thru" which I wondered would daisy chain the Keystation 61? It does seem a bit large for home use though. There are a couple of phone type sockets on the back too.
Thanks for your replies.
Robert.

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 08:03:11 AM »
I don’t know about the Behringer, but as you said the in line volume pedal as art has suggested doesn’t really work because it would act like a master volume and turn everything up or down. Most people can do that with the keyboard volume control as that is really a one time setting. Changing the voice volume as part of the performance is not going to be achieved this way.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »
You can set the Yamaha Swell pedal  to control which parts are effected when used. If you just want right hand voices then you take the ticks out of all the other boxes and save to Registration.

Offline RobertM

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 05:33:57 PM »
Thanks mikf and Eileen. I'm using a modified Roland pedal at the moment set up as suggested to control R1,2 & 3 and it works fine. The problem is I lose one foot switch.
There may be another way by using a midi 2 IN 1 OUT box to connect a midi pedal and the Keystation to the single midi IN on the SX900.
Robert.

Offline RobertM

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 07:32:08 AM »
Hi everyone,
After noting the replies so far it looks like I might be chasing something that gets too complicated. Just hope Yamaha includes a pedal socket like T5 and Genos on the next model.
In the meantime I tried assiging "modulaion+" to one of the pedals and found the effect gives a sort of two stage swell! As it's just an assignment change it doesn't cost anything either☺.
Robert.

Offline beginpsrsx900

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 12:28:08 AM »

Hi, there are 2 midi inputs, 1 din and 1 usb host. I put my pedal fcb1010  in the din and a converter adapter in the usb host
PSR SX900, PA1000, 2x FCB 1010, BCF2000, NANO PAD, NANO KONTROL, Micro, ETC, ETC

Offline RobertM

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 12:52:34 AM »
Hi beginpsrsx900,
Thanks for your reply, but could you explain a little more. What other accessories do you have, and to which socket are they each connected?
Robert.

Offline beginpsrsx900

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 01:03:23 AM »
hi, i add this :

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B074NGTGHN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with a usb printer wire in the usb host of the psr-sx900

[attachment deleted by admin]
PSR SX900, PA1000, 2x FCB 1010, BCF2000, NANO PAD, NANO KONTROL, Micro, ETC, ETC

The following users thanked this post: Rick D.

Offline RobertM

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 01:38:42 AM »
Hi everyone,
Thanks again for your replies and there does seem to be another way provided there is a MIDI message or command on the SX900 for:

"Fill self"  and  "OTS+"

I'm unable to find any information in the midi sections of Reference and Data manuals.
A list of available messages would help too.
Robert.